Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Abramowicz M (1991): Sudden death in children treated with a tricyclic antidepressant. Med Lett Drugs Ther 32:53.
Adler L, Resnick S, Kunz M, Devinsky O (1995): Open-label trial of venlafaxine in attention deficit disorder. New Clinical Drug Evaluation Unit Program, Orlando.
- Development of the cerebral cortex.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1999; 38: 220-222
- The contribution of a-2 noradrenergic mechanisms to prefrontal cortical cognitive function.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1996; 53: 448-455
- DRD4 gene and susceptibility to attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.Am J Med Genet. 1997; 74: 623
- ADHD and the Nature of Self-Control. Guilford, New York1997
- Treatment of ADHD with fluoxetine.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1991; 30: 762-767
- Bupropion versus methylphenidate in the treatment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1995; 34: 649-657
Benjamin J, Patterson C, Greenberg BD, Murphy DL, Hamer DH (1996, January 12): Population and familial association between the D4 dopamine receptor gene and measures of novelty seeking. Nature Genet 81–84.
- A naturalistic study of 24-hour electrocardiographic recordings and echocardiographic finding in children and adolescents treated with desipramine.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1993; 32: 805-813
- A double-blind placebo controlled study of desipramine in the treatment of attention deficit disorder.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1993; 32: 199-204
- A double-blind placebo controlled study of desipramine in the treatment of attention deficit disorder.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1989; 28: 777-784
- Desipramine in the treatment of children with attention deficit disorder.J Clin Psychopharmacol. 1986; 6: 359-363
- Estimation of the association between desipramine and the risk for sudden death in 5- to 14-year-old children.J Clin Psychiatry. 1995; 56: 87-93
- Genetics of hyperactivity.J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 1975; 16: 261-264
- Bupropion in children with attention deficit disorder.Psychopharmacol Bull. 1989; 25: 198-201
- A double-blind trial of bupropion in children with attention deficit disorder.Psychopharmacol Bull. 1987; 23: 120-122
- Evidence that a D4DR∗7R dopamine receptor polymorphism is not correlated with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder.Am J Med Genet. 1997; 74: 623
- Guanfacine treatment of comorbid attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder and Tourette=s syndrome.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1995; 34: 1140-1146
- The dopamine D2 receptor locus as a modifying gene in neuropsychiatric disorders.JAMA. 1991; 266: 1793-1800
- Bupropion hydrochloride in attention deficit disorder with hyperactivity.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1996; 35: 1314-1321
- Association of attention deficit disorder and the dopamine transporter gene.Am J Hum Genet. 1995; 56: 993-998
- An indication for the use of imipramine in attention deficit disorder.Am J Psychiatry. 1982; 139: 1059-1060
- The use of imipramine in Tourette’s syndrome and attention deficit disorder.J Clin Psychiatry. 1985; 46: 348-349
- Dopamine D4 receptor (D4DR) exon III polymorphism associated with the human personality trait of novelty seeking.Nature Genet. 1996; 12: 78-80
- Genetics of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder.Child Adolesc Psychiatric Clin North Am. 1994; 3: 285-302
- Is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder familial?.Harvard Rev Psychiatry. 1994; 1: 271-287
- Neurobiology of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.Biol Psychiatry. 1998; 44: 951-958
- Dopamine D4 gene 7-repeat allele and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.Am J Psychiatry. 1999; 456: 768-770
- Venlafaxine in adults with ADHD.J Clin Psychiatry. 1996; 57: 184-189
- Tricyclic antidepressant and methylphenidate treatment of attention deficit disorder in children.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1983; 22: 343-348
- Desipramine in the treatment of attention deficit disorder in adolescents.Psychopharmacol Bull. 1985; 21: 144-145
- Confirmation of association between attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and a dopamine transporter polymorphism.Mol Psychiatry. 1997; 2: 311-313
- Hyperlocomotion and indifference to cocaine and amphetamine in mice lacking the dopamine transporter.Nature. 1996; 379: 606-612
- Pilot clinical trial of imipramine in hyperkinetic children.in: Conners C. Clinical Use of Stimulant Drugs in Children. Excerpta Medica, The Hague, Netherlands1974: 192-201
- Clinical effects of imipramine and methylphenidate in hyperactive children.Int J Ment Health. 1975; 4: 144-156
- Imipramine in the treatment of minimal brain dysfunction in children.Psychosomatics. 1973; 14: 283-285
- Motor performance in hyperactive children treated with imipramine.Percept Motor Skills. 1988; 66: 763-769
Gunning B (1992): A controlled trial of clonidine in hyperkinetic children. Thesis. Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Academic Hospital Rotterdam-Sophia Children’s Hospital Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
- Attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder in people with generalized resistance to thyroid hormone.N Engl J Med. 1993; 328: 997-1001
- A case of Tourette’s syndrome with symptoms of attention deficit disorder treated with desipramine.J Clin Psychiatry. 1986; 47: 478-479
Hornig-Rohan M, Amsterdam J (1995): Venlafaxine versus stimulant therapy in patients with dual diagnoses of ADHD and depression. New Clinical Drug Evaluation Unit Program, Orlando, Fla.
- Guanfacine for treatment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder in boys.J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol. 1995; 5: 215-223
- The use of imipramine in children’s behavior disorders.Acta Paedopsychiatrie. 1970; 37: 194-199
- An open trial of guanfacine in the treatment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1995; 34: 50-54
- Treatment effects of oral and transdermal clonidine in relation to methylphenidate.Psychopharmacol Bull. 1987; 23: 111-114
- Clonidine benefits children with attention deficit disorder and hyperactivity.J Am Acad Child Psychiatry. 1985; 24: 617-629
- Guanfacine, but not clonidine, improves planning and working memory performance in humans.Neuropsychopharmacology. 1999; 20: 460-470
Kennedy JL, Richter P, Swanson JM, Wigal SB, LaHoste GJ, Sunohara G (1997): Association of dopamine D4 receptor gene and ADHD. Annual Meeting of the American Psychiatric Association, San Diego, CA.
- The psychopharmacology of the immature organism.Psychopharmacologia. 1970; 17: 105-136
- Alterations in the vigilance performance of children receiving amitriptyline and methylphenidate pharmacotherapy.Psychopharmacology. 1976; 50: 29-33
- Dopamine D4 receptor gene polymorphism is associated with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.Mol Psychiatry. 1996; 1: 128-131
- Epinephrine and norepinephrine act as potent agonists at the recombinant human dopamine D4 receptor.J Neurochem. 1997; 68: 804-812
Luh J, Pliszka S, Olvera R, Tatum R (1995): An open trial of venlafaxine in the treatment of ADHD. Scientific proceedings of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, New Orleans.
- The association between the dopamine D4 receptor (D4DR) 16 amino acid repeat polymorphism and novelty seeking.Mol Psychiatry. 1996; 1: 388-391
- The role of frontal lobe dysfunction in childhood hyperkinesis.Comp Psychiatry. 1980; 21: 358-369
- The psychiatric status of the legal families of adopted hyperactive children.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1973; 28: 888-891
NIMH (1996): Alternative Pharmacology of ADHD, Conference Proceedings February 1996, Washington, DC.
- Catecholamines in attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1996; 35: 264-272
Prince J, Wilens T, Biederman J, Spencer T, Millstein R, Polisner D, Bostic J (1999): A controlled study of nortriptyline in children and adolescents with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Scientific Proceedings of the Annual Meeting: American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Chicago. Washington, DC: The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- One-year follow-up of hyperactive boys treated with imipramine or methylphenidate.Am J Psychiatry. 1975; 132: 241-245
- Imipramine and methylphenidate treatment of hyperactive boys.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1974; 30: 789-793
- Methylphenidate and desipramine in hospitalized children.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1993; 32: 333-342
Reimherr F, Hedges D, Strong R, Wender P (1995): An open-trial of venlafaxine in adult patients with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. New Clinical Drug Evaluation Unit Program, Orlando.
- Desipramine treatment of boys with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder and tics.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1988; 27: 811-814
- Electrodermal correlates of hyperactivity in children.Psychophysiology. 1971; 8: 191-197
- The treatment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder in Tourette=s syndrome.Pediatrics. 1994; 95: 74-81
- Neuropsychopharmacological mechanisms of stimulant drug action in attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder.Behav Brain Res. 1998; 94: 127-152
Spencer T (1997): A double-blind, controlled study of desipramine in children with ADHD and tic disorders. Scientific Proceedings of the Annual Meeting: American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Toronto.
- Desipramine in the treatment of children with tic disorder or Tourette’s Syndrome and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1993; 32: 354-360
- Effectiveness and tolerability of tomoxetine in adults with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.Am J Psychiatry. 1998; 155: 693-695
Spencer T, Biederman J, Wilens T, Prince J, Rea J (1999): An open, dose ranging study of tomoxetine in children with ADHD. Scientific proceedings of International Society for Research in Child and Adolescent Psychopathology. Barcelona.
- Nortriptyline in the treatment of children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and tic disorder or Tourette’s syndrome.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1993; 32: 205-210
- Comparison of clonidine response in the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder with and without comorbid tic disorders.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1993; 32: 350-353
Sunohara G, Barr C, Jain U, Schachar R, Roberts W, Tannock R, et al (1997): Association of the D4 receptor gene in individuals with ADHD. American Society of Human Genetics, Baltimore.
- Association of the dopamine receptor D4 (DRD4) gene with a refined phenotype of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).Mol Psychiatry. 1998; 3: 38-41
- Pharmacological profile of antidepressants and related compounds at human monoamine transporters.Eur J Pharmacol. 1997; 340: 249-258
- [Use of moclobemide in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder] Wirksamkeit und vertraglichkeit des selektiven MAO-A-Inhibitors moclobemid bei kindern mit hyperkinetischem syndrom (both English and German versions).Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr. 1991; 19: 248-253
Waldman ID, Rowe DC, Abramowitz A, Kozel ST, Mohr JH, Sherman SL, et al (1996): Association of the dopamine transporter gene (DAT1) and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in children. Am J Hum Genet 63:1767–1776.
- Modifications of hyperkinetic behavior by nortriptyline.Va Med Monthly. 1973; 100: 123-126
- Bupropion treatment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder in adults.Am J Psychiatry. 1990; 147: 1018-1020
- Imipramine and methylphenidate in hyperactive children.J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 1980; 21: 27-35
- A naturalistic assessment of protriptyline for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1996; 35: 1485-1490
- Nortriptyline in the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1993; 32: 343-349
- Six-week, double blind, placebo-controlled study of desipramine for adult attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.Am J Psychiatry. 1996; 153: 1147-1153
- A systematic assessment of tricyclic antidepressants in the treatment of adult attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder.J Nerv Ment Dis. 1995; 183: 48-50
Wilens TE, Spencer T (1999): Combining methylphenidate and clonidine: A clinically sound medication option. J Am Child Adolesc Psychiatry 38:614–622.
- Effects of imipramine and dextroamphetamine on behavior of neuropsychiatrically impaired children.Am J Psychiatry. 1972; 128: 1425-1431
- Amitriptyline and methylphenidate treatment of behaviorally disordered children.J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 1977; 18: 39-52
- Noradrenergic hypothesis of attention deficit disorder with hyperactivity.in: Meltzer H.Y. Psychopharmacology The Third Generation of Progress. Raven Press, New York1987: 837-842