Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Achenbach TM, Edelbrock CS (1983): Manual for the Child Behavior Checklist. University of Vermont, Department of Psychiatry, Burlington, VT: Queen City Printers.
- Afferent regulation of locus coeruleus neurons.Prog Brian Res. 1991; 88: 47-75
- Behavioral inhibition as a temperamental risk factor for anxiety disorders.Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics of North America. 1993; 2: 667-683
- Corticotropin releasing hormone challenge in prepubertal major depression.Biol Psychiatry. 1996; 9: 267-277
- Neurobiology of anxiety disorders.Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics of North America. 1993; 2: 749-762
- Elevated CSF corticotropin-releasing factor concentrations in posttraumatic stress disorder.Am J Psychiatry. 1997; 154: 624-629
- The dexamethasone suppression test in children and adolescents with major depressive disorder: a review.J Clin Psychiatry. 1988; 49: 390-393
- The assessment of affective disorders in children and adolescents by semi-structured interview: test-retest reliability of the schedule for affective disorders and schizophrenia for school-age children, present episode version.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1985; 42: 696-702
- Psychobiological mechanisms of posttraumatic stress disorder.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1993; 50: 294-305
- The concepts of stress and stress system disorders: overview of physical and behavioral homeostasis.JAMA. 1992; 267: 1244-1252
- Cortisol secretion in adolescents with major depressive disorder.Acta Psychiatr Scand. 1989; 80: 18-26
- Twenty-four-hour cortisol measures in adolescents with major depression: a controlled study.Biol Psychiatry. 1991; 30: 25-36
- The epidemiology of posttraumatic stress disorder.in: Davidson J.R.T Foa E.B Posttraumatic Stress Disorder DSM-IV and Beyond. American Psychiatric Press, Washington, DC1993: 147-169
- Posttraumatic stress disorder and acute stress disorder.in: Ammerman R.T Hersen M Handbook of Prevention and Treatment with Children and Adolescents. John Wiley & Sons, Inc, New York1997: 455-494
- Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis dysregulation in sexually abused girls.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1994; 78: 249-255
De Bellis MD, Keshavan M, Clark DB, et al (1999): Developmental traumatology part II: Brain development. Biol Psychiatry 45:1271–1284.
- Urinary catecholamine excretion in sexually abused girls.J Am Acad of Child and Adol Psych. 1994; 33: 320-327
- The psychobiology of childhood maltreatment.Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics of North America. 1994; 3: 663-677
- Persistence of pediatric post traumatic stress disorder after 2 years.Child Abuse & Neglect. 1996; 20: 1245-1248
- Propranolol treatment for childhood posttraumatic stress disorder, acute type.Am J Dis Child. 1988; 142: 1244-1247
- Childhood posttraumatic stress disorder.in: Mash E.J Barkley R.A Child Psychopathology. Guilford Publications, Inc, New York1996: 242-276
Frances A (1994): Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, fourth edition. Washington DC: American Psychiatric Association, pp 424–429.
- Basal cortisol, dexamethasone suppression of cortisol, and MHPG in adolescents after the 1988 earthquake in Armenia.Am J Psychiatry. 1996; 153: 929-934
- Children traumatized by physical abuse.in: Eth S Pynoos R.S Post-Traumatic Stress in Children. American Psychiatric Press, Washington, DC1985: 133-154
- Altered neuroendocrine activity in maltreated children related to symptoms of depression.Dev Psychopathol. 1996; 8: 201-214
- Paternal and maternal genetic and environmental contributions to CSF monoamine metabolites in rhesus monkeys.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1993; 50: 615-623
Hollingshead AB (1975): Four factor index of social status. Hollingshead, PO Box 1965, Yale Station, New Haven CT 06520.
- Biological basis of childhood shyness.Science. 1988; 240: 167-171
- Familial glucocorticoid resistance: an overview.Exp Clin Endocrin. 1993; 101: 30-35
- Depressive disorders in maltreated children.Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. 1991; 30: 257-265
- Schedule for affective disorders and schizophrenia for school-age children—present and lifetime version (K-SADS-PL): initial reliability and validity data.Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. 1997; 36: 980-988
- The corticotropin-releasing hormone challenge in depressed abused, depressed non-abused, and normal control children.Biol Psychiatry. 1997; 42: 669-679
Kaufman J, Brent DA, Birmaher B, et al (1993): Measures of family adversity, clinical symptomatology, and cortisol secretion in a sample of preadolescent depressed children. Annual Meeting of the Society of Research in Child and Adolescent Psychopathology. Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Sustained urinary norepinephrine and epinephrine elevation in posttraumatic stress disorder.Psychoneuroendocrinology. 1987; 12: 13-20
- The Children’s Depression Inventory (CDI).Psychopharmacol Bull. 1985; 21: 995-998
- Abuse-related posttraumatic stress disorder: evidence for chronic neuroendocrine activation in women.Psychosomat Med. 1995; 57: 105-115
- Catecholamine metabolism and disposition in healthy and depressed subjects.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1987; 44: 337-344
- Variations in pattern of pubertal changes in girls.Arch Dis Childhood. 1969; 44: 291-293
- Variations in pattern of pubertal changes in boys.Arch Dis Childhood. 1970; 45: 13-23
- Urinary-free cortisol levels in post-traumatic stress disorder patients.J Nervous Mental Dis. 1986; 174: 145-159
- Psychiatric disorders in sexually abused children.Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. 1994; 33: 313-319
National Research Council (1993): Understanding Child Abuse and Neglect. Washington, DC: National Academy Press.
Orvaschel H, Puig-Antich (1987): Schedule for Affective Disorder and Schizophrenia for School-Age Children, Epidemiologic Version. K-SADS-E Fourth Version.
- Neonatal treatment of rats with the neuroactive steroid tetrahydrodeoxycorticosterone (THDOC) abolishes the behavioral and neuroendocrine consequences of adverse early life events.J Clin Invest. 1997; 99: 962-966
- Post-traumatic stress disorder in physically abused adolescents.Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. 1994; 33: 305-312
- Neurobiological sequelae of childhood trauma.in: Murburg M Catecholamine Function in Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Emerging Concepts. American Psychiatric Press, Inc, Washington, DC1994: 233-255
- Suicidal behavior and hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenocortical axis indices in child psychiatric inpatients.Biol Psychiatry. 1991; 29: 909-917
- Biological findings in posttraumatic stress disorder.in: Davidson J.R.T Foa E.B Posttraumatic Stress Disorder DSM-IV and Beyond. American Psychiatric Press, Inc, Washington, DC1993: 173-189
- Twenty-four hour cortisol and catecholamine excretion in combat-related posttraumatic stress disorder.Biol Psychiatry. 1990; 27: 245-247
- Urinary catecholamines in attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder with and without comorbid anxiety.Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. 1994; 33: 1165-1173
- Cortisol secretion in prepubertal children with major depressive disorder. Episode and recovery.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1989; 46: 801-809
Putnam FW, Peterson G (1994): Further validation of the Child Dissociative Checklist: Dissociation, VII, pp 204–211.
Putnam FW, Trickett PK, Helmers K, Dorn L, Everett B (1991): Cortisol abnormalities in sexually abused girls, 144th Annual Meeting Program. Washington DC: American Psychiatric Press, pp 107.
- Witnessing acts of personal violence.in: Eth S Pynoos R.S Post-Traumatic Stress in Children. American Psychiatric Press, Washington, DC1985: 17-43
- Children’s memory and proximity to violence.Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. 1989; 28: 236-241
- Biochemical correlate of depression in children.Arq Neuro-Psiquiat. 1991; 49: 418-425
- Sleep disturbance as the hallmark of posttraumatic stress disorder.Am J Psychiatry. 1989; 146: 697-707
- Two approaches to the diagnosis of posttraumatic stress disorder in infancy and early childhood.Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. 1995; 34: 191-200
- A Children’s Global Assessment Scale.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1983; 40: 1228-1231
- Altered activity of the locus coeruleus in an animal model of depression.Neuropsychopharmacology. 1988; 1: 287-295
- Clinical studies of neurotransmitter alterations in post-traumatic stress disorder.in: Friedman M.J Charney D.S Deutch A.Y Neurobiological and Clinical Consequences of Stress From Normal Adaptation to Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Lippincott-Raven, Philadelphia1995: 335-349
- Neuroendocrine alterations in posttraumatic stress disorder.Psychiat Ann. 1998; 28: 436-442
- Research Diagnostic Criteria: rationale and reliability.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1978; 35: 773-782
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (1998): Child Maltreatment 1996: Reports from the States to the National Child Abuse and Neglect Data System. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office.
- Low urinary cortisol excretion in Holocaust survivors with posttraumatic stress disorder.Am J Psychiatry. 1995; 152: 982-986
- Increased pituitary activation following metyrapone administration in post-traumatic stress disorder.Psychoneuroendocrinology. 1996; 21: 1-16
- Low urinary cortisol excretion in PTSD.J Nerv Mental Dis. 1991; 178: 366-369
- Urinary catecholamine excretion and severity of PTSD symptoms in Vietnam combat veterans.J Nerv Mental Dis. 1992; 180: 321-325