This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Changes in interleukin-1 beta and soluble interleukin-2 receptor levels in CSF and serum of schizophrenic patients.J Basic Clin Physiol Pharmacol. 1995; 6: 61-69
- Serum interferon in first psychotic attack.Br J Psychiatry. 1990; 157: 136-138
- Cytokine production in drug-free and neuroleptic-treated schizophrenic patients.Biol Psychiatry. 1995; 38: 297-302
- Cytokine interactions in human mixed lymphocyte culture.Transplantation. 1994; 57: 1638-1642
- Altered interleukin-2 production in schizophrenia: Association between clinical state and autoantibody production.Psychiatry Res. 1992; 44: 113-123
- Mitogen-stimulated interleukin-2 production in never-medicated first episode schizophrenic patients.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1995; 52: 668-672
- Abnormalities in serum concentrations of interleukin-2, interferon-α and interferon-γ in schizophrenia not detected.Schizophr Res. 1992; 6: 237-241
- Production of interferons and lymphokines in leukocyte cultures of patients with schizophrenia.Schizophr Res. 1995; 15: 237-242
- Biological properties of IL-10.Immunol Today. 1992; 13: 198-200
- Interferon responses in schizophrenia and major depressive disorders.Biol Psychiatry. 1994; 35: 464-473
- Production of interferon-α and -γ by leukocytes from patients with schizophrenia.Schizophr Res. 1989; 2: 361-365
- Infection and autoimmunity as etiologic factors in schizophrenia: A review and reappraisal.Schizophr Bull. 1993; 19: 355-370
- The whole-blood technique for testing production of human interferon by leukocytes.J Immunol Methods. 1982; 48: 213-219
- Decreased production of interferon alpha and interferon gamma in leukocyte cultures of schizophrenic patients.Acta Psychiatr Scand. 1985; 72: 45-50
- The role of IL-10 in cross-regulation of TH1 and TH2 responses.Immunoparasitol Today. 1991; 12: 149-153
- Cellular immunity, HLA-class I antigens, and family history of psychiatric disorder in endogenous psychoses.Psychiatry Res. 1993; 48: 201-217
- Serum interferon in patients with psychosis.Am J Psychiatry. 1985; 142: 1184-1186
- Human memory T-lymphocytes express increased levels of 3 cell adhesion molecules (LFA-3, CD-2 and LFA-1) and 3 other molecules (UCHL-1, Cdw29 and Pgp-1) and have enhanced interferon-gamma production.J Immunol. 1988; 140: 1401-1407
- Aberrant T cell-mediated immunity in untreated schizophrenic patients: Deficient interleukin-2 production.Am J Psychiatry. 1989; 146: 609-616
- Investigations of cytokine production in whole blood cultures of paranoid and residual schizophrenic patients.Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 1996; 246: 273-278
Received in revised form: July 23, 1996
Received: March 19, 1996
This study was supported by a grant from the Stiftung Volkswagenwerk (Volkswagenwerk Science Foundation), grant no. I/ 68 165.
© 1996 Society of Biological Psychiatry. Published by Elsevier Inc.