Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Global, regional, and national incidence, prevalence, and years lived with disability for 354 diseases and injuries for 195 countries and territories, 1990-2017: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017.Lancet. 2018; 392: 1789-1858
- Burden of depressive disorders by country, sex, age, and year: findings from the global burden of disease study 2010.PLoS Med. 2013; 10e1001547
- Depression Is the Leading Cause of Disability Around the World.JAMA. 2017; 317: 1517
- What did STAR*D teach us? Results from a large-scale, practical, clinical trial for patients with depression.Psychiatr Serv. 2009; 60: 1439-1445
- The STAR*D Project results: a comprehensive review of findings.Curr Psychiatry Rep. 2007; 9: 449-459
- Effect of Antidepressant Switching vs Augmentation on Remission Among Patients With Major Depressive Disorder Unresponsive to Antidepressant Treatment: The VAST-D Randomized Clinical Trial.JAMA. 2017; 318: 132-145
- Acute and longer-term outcomes in depressed outpatients requiring one or several treatment steps: a STAR*D report.Am J Psychiatry. 2006; 163: 1905-1917
- Evidence-based guidelines for treating depressive disorders with antidepressants: A revision of the 2008 British Association for Psychopharmacology guidelines.J Psychopharmacol. 2015; 29: 459-525
- The 2020 Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists clinical practice guidelines for mood disorders: Major depression summary.Bipolar Disord. 2020; 22: 788-804
- Canadian Network for Mood and Anxiety Treatments (CANMAT) 2016 Clinical Guidelines for the Management of Adults with Major Depressive Disorder: Section 3. Pharmacological Treatments.Can J Psychiatry. 2016; 61: 540-560
Gelenberg AJ, Freeman MP, Markowitz JC, Rosenbaum JF, Thase ME, Trivedi MH, et al. (2010): WORK GROUP ON MAJOR DEPRESSIVE DISORDER. 152.
- Avoidable flaws in observational analyses: an application to statins and cancer.Nat Med. 2019; 25: 1601-1606
- Continuation of Annual Screening Mammography and Breast Cancer Mortality in Women Older Than 70 Years.Ann Intern Med. 2020; 172: 381-389
- Sequenced treatment alternatives to relieve depression (STAR*D): rationale and design.Control Clin Trials. 2004; 25: 119-142
- Evaluation of outcomes with citalopram for depression using measurement-based care in STAR*D: implications for clinical practice.Am J Psychiatry. 2006; 163: 28-40
- Bupropion-SR, sertraline, or venlafaxine-XR after failure of SSRIs for depression.N Engl J Med. 2006; 354: 1231-1242
- A comparison of mirtazapine and nortriptyline following two consecutive failed medication treatments for depressed outpatients: a STAR*D report.Am J Psychiatry. 2006; 163: 1161-1172
- A comparison of lithium and T(3) augmentation following two failed medication treatments for depression: a STAR*D report.Am J Psychiatry. 2006; 163 (quiz 1665): 1519-1530
- Tranylcypromine versus venlafaxine plus mirtazapine following three failed antidepressant medication trials for depression: a STAR*D report.Am J Psychiatry. 2006; 163 (quiz 1666): 1531-1541
- The VA augmentation and switching treatments for improving depression outcomes (VAST-D) study: Rationale and design considerations.Psychiatry Res. 2015; 229: 760-770
- Quality of Life Enjoyment and Satisfaction Questionnaire: a new measure.Psychopharmacol Bull. 1993; 29: 321-326
- A structural approach to selection bias.Epidemiology. 2004; 15: 615-625
- Marginal structural models and causal inference in epidemiology.Epidemiology. 2000; 11: 550-560
- The Inventory of Depressive Symptomatology (IDS): psychometric properties.Psychol Med. 1996; 26: 477-486
- How to estimate the effect of treatment duration on survival outcomes using observational data.BMJ. 2018; 360: k182
- Measurement-Based Care Versus Standard Care for Major Depression: A Randomized Controlled Trial With Blind Raters.Am J Psychiatry. 2015; 172: 1004-1013
- Effectiveness and feasibility of a standardized stepwise drug treatment regimen algorithm for inpatients with depressive disorders: results of a 2-year observational algorithm study.J Clin Psychiatry. 2002; 63: 782-790
Bauer M, Severus E, Möller H-J, Young AH, WFSBP Task Force on Unipolar Depressive Disorders (2017): Pharmacological treatment of unipolar depressive disorders: summary of WFSBP guidelines. Int J Psychiatry Clin Pract 21: 166–176.
Hernán MA, Robins JM (2020). Causal Inference: What If. Boca Raton: Chapman & Hall/CRC.
- Per-Protocol Analyses of Pragmatic Trials.N Engl J Med. 2017; 377: 1391-1398
- An evaluation of the quick inventory of depressive symptomatology and the hamilton rating scale for depression: a sequenced treatment alternatives to relieve depression trial report.Biol Psychiatry. 2006; 59: 493-501
- Treating depression after initial treatment failure: directly comparing switch and augmenting strategies in STAR*D.J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2012; 32: 114-119
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Location of work and address for preprints: Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, Department of Epidemiology, 677 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA, 02115
Previous Presentation: This work has not been previously presented.
Funding: This research was supported by NIH grant P50 MH115846.