Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Emotion regulation as a transdiagnostic treatment construct across anxiety, depression, substance, eating and borderline personality disorders: A systematic review.Clin Psychol Rev. 2017; 57: 141-163
- Negative Autobiographical Memory in Depression Reflects Elevated Amygdala-Hippocampal Reactivity and Hippocampally Associated Emotion Regulation.Biol Psychiatry Cogn Neurosci Neuroimaging. 2018; 3: 358-366
- Regulatory Flexibility: An Individual Differences Perspective on Coping and Emotion Regulation.Perspect Psychol Sci. 2013; 8: 591-612
Zimmer-Gembeck MJ (2021): Coping flexibility: Variability, fit and associations with efficacy, emotion regulation, decentering and responses to stress. Stress Health.
- Biological signatures of emotion regulation flexibility in children: Parenting context and links with child adjustment.Cogn Affect Behav Neurosci. 2021;
- Emotion regulation flexibility and disordered eating.Eat Behav. 2020; 39101428
- Expressive flexibility.Emotion. 2010; 10: 92-100
- Complicated grief and deficits in emotional expressive flexibility.J Abnorm Psychol. 2011; 120: 635-643
- Emotion Regulation Flexibility.Cognit Ther Res. 2015; 39: 263-278
- Emotion Regulation Flexibility in Generalized Anxiety Disorder.J Psychopathol Behav Assess. 2020; 42: 93-100
- Effective emotion regulation strategies improve fMRI and ECG markers of psychopathology in panic disorder: implications for psychological treatment action.Translational psychiatry. 2015; 5: e673
- The development of emotion regulation: an fMRI study of cognitive reappraisal in children, adolescents and young adults.Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci. 2012; 7: 11-22
- Coping with emotions past: the neural bases of regulating affect associated with negative autobiographical memories.Biol Psychiatry. 2009; 65: 361-366
- Emotional arousal and activation of the visual cortex: an fMRI analysis.Psychophysiology. 1998; 35: 199-210
- Individual Differences in Automatic Emotion Regulation Interact with Primed Emotion Regulation during an Anger Provocation.Front Psychol. 2017; 8: 614
- Psychological flexibility as a fundamental aspect of health.Clinical Psychology Review. 2010; 30: 865-878
- Examining psychological inflexibility as a transdiagnostic process across psychological disorders.J Contextual Behav Sci. 2014; 3: 155-163
- Examining the role of psychological inflexibility, perspective taking, and empathic concern in generalized prejudice.J Appl Soc Psychol. 2016; 46: 180-191
- Psychological Inflexibility Predicts Suicidality Over Time in College Students.Suicide Life Threat Behav. 2019; 49: 1488-1496
- Explicit and implicit emotion regulation: a multi-level framework.Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci. 2017; 12: 1545-1557
- Tracking Deceased-Related Thinking with Neural Pattern Decoding of a Cortical-Basal Ganglia Circuit.Biol Psychiatry Cogn Neurosci Neuroimaging. 2017; 2: 421-429
- Machine learning classifiers and fMRI: a tutorial overview.NeuroImage. 2009; 45: S199-209
- Beyond mind-reading: multi-voxel pattern analysis of fMRI data.Trends Cogn Sci. 2006; 10: 424-430
- Functional imaging studies of emotion regulation: a synthetic review and evolving model of the cognitive control of emotion.Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. 2012; 1251: E1-24
- The temporal dynamics of emotion regulation: an EEG study of distraction and reappraisal.Biol Psychol. 2011; 87: 84-92
- Divergent cognitive costs for online forms of reappraisal and distraction.Emotion. 2008; 8: 870-874
- Better late than never? On the dynamics of online regulation of sadness using distraction and cognitive reappraisal.Pers Soc Psychol Bull. 2007; 33: 1518-1532
- Affective lability and difficulties with regulation are differentially associated with amygdala and prefrontal response in women with Borderline Personality Disorder.Psychiatry research. 2016; 254: 74-82
- Internal consistencies of the original and revised Beck Depression Inventory.J Clin Psychol. 1984; 40: 1365-1367
- A rating scale for depression.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 1960; 23: 56-62
First M, Spitzer R, Gibbon M, Williams J (1995): Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-IV Axis I Disorders (SCID-I/P, Version 2.0). New York: Biometrics Research Dept., New York State Psychiatric Institute.
- A rating scale for depression.J Neurol Neurosurg Psych. 1960; 23: 56-62
Lang PJ BM, Cuthbert BN (2008): International Affective Picture System (IAPS): affective ratings of pictures and instruction manual (Technical Report A-8). Gainseville, FL: University of Florida; 2008.
- Flexible Emotion Regulation: How Situational Demands and Individual Differences Influence the Effectiveness of Regulatory Strategies.Front Psychol. 2019; 10: 72
- Flexible, yet firm: A model of healthy emotion regulation.J Soc Clin Psychol. 2018; 37: 231-251
- The importance of being flexible: the ability to both enhance and suppress emotional expression predicts long-term adjustment.Psychol Sci. 2004; 15: 482-487
- Emotion generation and emotion regulation: One or two depends on your point of view.Emotion review. 2011; 3: 8-16
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Dr. Mann receives royalties for commercial use of the C-SSRS from the Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene and has stock options in Qualitas Health, a start- up developing a PUFA supplement. All other authors report no biomedical financial interests or potential conflicts of interest.