Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The role of inflammation in core features of depression: Insights from paradigms using exogenously-induced inflammation.Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2018; 94: 219-237
- Inflammation and the dimensions of depression: A review.Front Neuroendocrinol. 2020; 56https://doi.org/10.1016/j.yfrne.2019.100800
- Exploring the links between specific depression symptoms and brain structure: A network study.Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2020; 74: 220-221
- Dissecting the association between inflammation, metabolic dysregulation, and specific depressive symptoms: A genetic correlation and 2-sample mendelian randomization study.JAMA Psychiatry. 2020; https://doi.org/10.1001/jamapsychiatry.2020.3436
- Replication and reproducibility issues in the relationship between C-reactive protein and depression: A systematic review and focused meta-analysis.Brain Behav Immun. 2018; 73: 85-114
- Prevalence of low-grade inflammation in depression: A systematic review and meta-analysis of CRP levels.Psychol Med. 2019; 49: 1958-1970
- Using network analysis to examine links between individual depressive symptoms, inflammatory markers, and covariates.Psychol Med. 2019; https://doi.org/10.31234/osf.io/84ske
- How handling extreme C-reactive protein (CRP) values and regularization influences CRP and depression criteria associations in network analyses.Brain Behav Immun. 2021; 91: 393-403
- Association Between Systemic Inflammation and Individual Symptoms of Depression: A Pooled Analysis of 15 Population-Based Cohort Studies.Am J Psychiatry. 2021; 178: 1107-1118
- Metabolic and inflammatory markers: Associations with individual depressive symptoms.Psychol Med. 2018; 48: 1102-1110
- Depression Heterogeneity and Its Biological Underpinnings: Toward Immunometabolic Depression.Biol Psychiatry. 2020; 88: 369-380
- Association of Inflammation with Depression and Anxiety: Evidence for Symptom-Specificity and Potential Causality from UK Biobank and NESDA Cohorts.Mol Psychiatry. 2021; : 1-10
Moriarity DP (2021): Building a replicable and clinically-impactful immunopsychiatry: Methods, phenotyping, and theory integration. Brain, Behav Immun - Heal 16. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbih.2021.100288
- A More General Model for Testing Measurement Invariance and Differential Item Functioning.Psychol Methods. 2017; 22: 507-526
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2009): National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) Stored Biologic Specimens: Guidelines for Proposals to Use Samples and Proposed Cost Schedule.
Zipf G, Chiappa M, Porter KS, Ostchega Y, Lewis BG, Dostal J (2013): National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey: Plan and Operations, 1999 – 2010.
Chen TC, Clark J, Riddles MK, Mohadjer LK, Fakhouri THI (2018): Vital and Health Statistics National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey , 2015 − 2018 : Sample Design and Estimation Procedures.
- The PHQ‐9: validity of a brief depression severity measure.J Gen Intern Med. 2001; 16: 606-613
- Optimal cut-off score for diagnosing depression with the Patient Health Questionnaire (PHQ-9): a meta-analysis.Can Med Assoc J. 2012; 184: 191-196
- Inflammatory proteins predict change in depressive symptoms in male and female adolescents.Clin Psychol Sci. 2019; 7: 754-767
- Race and Gender Differences in C-Reactive Protein Levels.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005; 46: 464-469
- To assess, to control, to exclude: Effects of biobehavioral factors on circulating inflammatory markers.Brain Behav Immun. 2009; 23: 887-897
- Depressive Symptoms and Aging: The Effects of Illness and Non-Health-Related Events.Journals Gerontol - Ser B Psychol Sci Soc Sci. 2003; 58: 320-328
- High-sensitivity C-reactive protein in heart failure with preserved ejection fraction.PLoS One. 2018; 13: 1-16
Dunlop DD, Song J, Lyons JS, Manheim LM, Chang RW (2003): Racial/Ethnic Differences in Rates of Depression Among Preretirement Adults. 93: 30–32.
- The prospective association of socioeconomic status with C-reactive protein levels in the CARDIA study.Brain Behav Immun. 2012; 26: 1128-1135
Gilman SE, Kawachi I, Fitzmaurice M, Buka SL (2002): Socioeconomic status in childhood and the lifetime risk of major depression. 359–367.
- Executive dysfunction in depression in adolescence: The role of inflammation and higher body mass.Psychol Med. 2020; 50: 683-691
- A Traveler’s Guide to the Multiverse: Promises, Pitfalls, and a Framework for the Evaluation of Analytic Decisions.Adv Methods Pract Psychol Sci. 2021; 4https://doi.org/10.1177/2515245920954925
Muthén B, Muthén L (2017): Mplus User’s Guide, 6th Editio ((M. & Muthén, editor)). Los Angeles, CA.
- MplusAutomation: An R package for facilitating large-scale latent variable analyses in Mplus.Struct Equ Model A Multidiscip J. 2018; 25: 621-638
Team RC (2013): R: A language and environment for statistical computing. R Foundation for Statistical Computing. Vienna, Austria. Retrieved from http://www.r-project.org
- An empirical evaluation of alternative methods of estimation for confirmatory factor analysis with ordinal data.Psychol Methods. 2004; 9: 466-491
- Quantitative methods in psychology: Comparative fit indexes in structural models.Psychol Bull. 1990; 107: 238-246
- Structural Model Evaluation and Modification: An Interval Estimation Approach.Multivariate Behav Res. 1990; 25: 173-180
Bollen KA (1989): Structural Equations with Latent Variables. New York, NY: Wiley.
- Increased Inflammation in Depression: A Little in All, or a Lot in a Few?.Am J Psychiatry. 2021; 178: 1077-1079
- Is depression an inflammatory disorder?.Curr Psychiatry Rep. 2011; 13: 467-475
Mathers C, Fat DM, Boerma JY (2008): The Global Burden of Disease: 2004 Update. Geneva, Switzerland. https://doi.org/10.1038/npp.2011.85
- Associations between diet quality and depressed mood in adolescents: Results from the Australian Healthy Neighbourhoods Study.Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2010; 44: 435-442
- Clinical depression and regulation of the inflammatory response during acute stress.Psychosom Med. 2005; 67: 679-687
- Biological basis of the behavior of sick animals.Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 1988; 12: 123-137
- Exacerbated fatigue and motor deficits in interleukin-10-deficient mice after peripheral immune stimulation.Am J Physiol - Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2008; 295: 1109-1114
- Appetite changes reveal depression subgroups with distinct endocrine, metabolic, and immune states.Mol Psychiatry. 2018; : 1-12
- Associations between mood, anxiety or substance use disorders and inflammatory markers after adjustment for multiple covariates in a population-based study.J Psychiatr Res. 2014; 58: 36-45
- C-reactive protein is elevated in atypical but not nonatypical depression: Data from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) 1999-2004.J Behav Med. 2014; 37: 621-629
- Depression trajectories, inflammation, and lifestyle factors in adolescence: The Tracking Adolescents’ Individual Lives Survey.Heal Psychol. 2015; 34: 1047-1057
- Depression and C-reactive protein: Population-based health 2000 study.Psychosom Med. 2009; 71: 423-430
- A putative role for cytokines in the impaired appetite in depression.Brain Behav Immun. 2007; 21: 147-152
- Unconsidered Issues of Measurement Noninvariance in Biological Psychiatry: A Focus on Biological Phenotypes of Psychopathology.Mol Psychiatry. 2022; https://doi.org/10.1038/s41380-021-01414-5
- Measurement invariance conventions and reporting: The state of the art and future directions for psychological research.Dev Rev. 2016; 41: 71-90
- The longitudinal associations of inflammatory biomarkers and depression revisited: Systematic review, meta-analysis, and meta-regression.Mol Psychiatry. 2020; : 1-13
- Back to basics: The importance of measurement properties in biological psychiatry.Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2021; 123: 72-82
- Expected Estimation Errors in Studies of the Cortisol Awakening Response: A Simulation.Psychosom Med. 2020; 82: 751-756
- Bidirectional associations between inflammatory biomarkers and depressive symptoms in adolescents: Potential causal relationships.Clin Psychol Sci. 2020; 8: 690-703
- Beyond diagnoses and total symptom scores: Diversifying the level of analysis in psychoneuroimmunology research.Brain Behav Immun. 2020; 89: 1-2
- Negative and positive affect as predictors of inflammation: Timing matters.Brain Behav Immun. 2018; 74: 222-230
Rodríguez MR, Nuevo R, Chatterji S, Ayuso-mateos JL (2012): Definitions and factors associated with subthreshold depressive conditions : a systematic review.
Sherbourne C, Ph D, Duan N, Ph D, Unützer J, Miranda J, et al. (n.d.): Quality Improvement for Depression in Primary Care : Do Patients With Subthreshold Depression Benefit in the Long Run ? 1149–1157.