Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Organization WH (2020): Depression fact sheet.
- Can Depression Be Prevented? If So, How?.JAMA Psychiatry. 2020;
- Prevalence and clinical course of depression: a review.Clin Psychol Rev. 2011; 31: 1117-1125
- Five-year outcome for maintenance therapies in recurrent depression.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1992; 49: 769-773
- Risk factors for relapse and recurrence of depression in adults and how they operate: A four-phase systematic review and meta-synthesis.Clin Psychol Rev. 2018; 64: 13-38
Segal, Williams, Teasdale (2013): Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy for Depression. 2nd ed. New York: Guildford Press.
- Cognitive reactivity versus dysfunctional cognitions and the prediction of relapse in recurrent major depressive disorder.J Clin Psychiatry. 2015; 76: e1306-1312
- Cognitive reactivity to sad mood provocation and the prediction of depressive relapse.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2006; 63: 749-755
- Efficacy of Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy in Prevention of Depressive Relapse: An Individual Patient Data Meta-analysis From Randomized Trials.JAMA Psychiatry. 2016; 73: 565-574
National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (October 2009, updated April 2018): Depression in adults: recognition and management.
Segal, Williams M, Teasdale JD (2013): Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy for Depression. 2nd ed. New York: The Guilford Press.
- The neuroscience of mindfulness meditation.Nat Rev Neurosci. 2015; 16: 213-225
- The impact of mindfulness-based interventions on brain activity: A systematic review of functional magnetic resonance imaging studies.Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2018; 84: 424-433
- Meta-analyses of the neural mechanisms and predictors of response to psychotherapy in depression and anxiety.Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2018; 95: 61-72
- Neural effects of mindfulness-based interventions on patients with major depressive disorder: A systematic review.Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2018; 88: 98-105
- 8-week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction induces brain changes similar to traditional long-term meditation practice - A systematic review.Brain and cognition. 2016; 108: 32-41
- Changes in the neural correlates of self-blame following mindfulness-based cognitive therapy in remitted depressed participants.Psychiatry Res Neuroimaging. 2020; 304111152
- A complex systems approach to the study of change in psychotherapy.BMC medicine. 2020; 18 (197): 197
- Network destabilization and transition in depression: New methods for studying the dynamics of therapeutic change.Clin Psychol Rev. 2015; 41: 27-39
- A systematic review of relations between resting-state functional-MRI and treatment response in major depressive disorder.J Affect Disord. 2015; 172: 8-17
- Predicting Treatment Response in Depression: The Role of Anterior Cingulate Cortex.Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2018; 21: 988-996
- Depressive Rumination, the Default-Mode Network, and the Dark Matter of Clinical Neuroscience.Biol Psychiatry. 2015; 78: 224-230
- Cognitive Vulnerability to Major Depression: View from the Intrinsic Network and Cross-network Interactions.Harv Rev Psychiatry. 2016; 24: 188-201
- The default mode network and recurrent depression: a neurobiological model of cognitive risk factors.Neuropsychol Rev. 2012; 22: 229-251
- Is meditation associated with altered brain structure? A systematic review and meta-analysis of morphometric neuroimaging in meditation practitioners.Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2014; 43: 48-73
- The Neural Crossroads of Psychiatric Illness: An Emerging Target for Brain Stimulation.Trends Cogn Sci. 2016; 20: 107-120
- Toward a neuroimaging treatment selection biomarker for major depressive disorder.JAMA Psychiatry. 2013; 70: 821-829
- Antidepressants normalize the default mode network in patients with dysthymia.JAMA Psychiatry. 2013; 70: 373-382
- Self-blame-Selective Hyperconnectivity Between Anterior Temporal and Subgenual Cortices and Prediction of Recurrent Depressive Episodes.JAMA Psychiatry. 2015; 72: 1119-1126
- Minding one's emotions: mindfulness training alters the neural expression of sadness.Emotion. 2010; 10: 25-33
- Alterations in Brain Structure and Amplitude of Low-frequency after 8 weeks of Mindfulness Meditation Training in Meditation-Naive Subjects.Sci Rep. 2019; 910977
- Mindfulness is associated with intrinsic functional connectivity between default mode and salience networks.Front Hum Neurosci. 2015; 9: 461
Borders A (2020): Chapter 9 - Rumination, cognition, and the brain. In: Borders A, editor. Rumination and Related Constructs: Academic Press, pp 279-311.
Gorgens KA (2011): Structured Clinical Interview For DSM-IV (SCID-I/SCID-II). In: Kreutzer JS, DeLuca J, Caplan B, editors. Encyclopedia of Clinical Neuropsychology. New York, NY: Springer New York, pp 2410-2417.
- Comparison of Beck Depression Inventories -IA and -II in psychiatric outpatients.J Pers Assess. 1996; 67: 588-597
Kuyken W, Crane, R., & Williams, M. (2012): Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) Implementation Resources.
- The 16-Item Quick Inventory of Depressive Symptomatology (QIDS), clinician rating (QIDS-C), and self-report (QIDS-SR): a psychometric evaluation in patients with chronic major depression.Biol Psychiatry. 2003; 54: 573-583
- A global measure of perceived stress.J Health Soc Behav. 1983; 24: 385-396
- The Multidimensional Assessment of Interoceptive Awareness (MAIA).PLoS One. 2012; 7e48230
- Initial psychometric properties of the experiences questionnaire: validation of a self-report measure of decentering.Behav Ther. 2007; 38: 234-246
- Construct validity of the five facet mindfulness questionnaire in meditating and nonmeditating samples.Assessment. 2008; 15: 329-342
- On the measurement of rumination: a psychometric evaluation of the ruminative response scale and the rumination on sadness scale in undergraduates.J Behav Ther Exp Psychiatry. 2006; 37: 299-313
- Scanning the horizon: towards transparent and reproducible neuroimaging research.Nat Rev Neurosci. 2017; 18: 115-126
- A power calculation guide for fMRI studies.Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci. 2012; 7: 738-742
- Representing Representation: Integration between the Temporal Lobe and the Posterior Cingulate Influences the Content and Form of Spontaneous Thought.PLoS One. 2016; 11e0152272
- Dispositional self-compassion and responses to mood challenge in people at risk for depressive relapse/recurrence.Clin Psychol Psychother. 2018; 25: 621-633
- Advances in functional and structural MR image analysis and implementation as FSL.Neuroimage. 2004; 23: S208-219
- The organization of the human cerebral cortex estimated by intrinsic functional connectivity.J Neurophysiol. 2011; 106: 1125-1165
- Permutation inference for the general linear model.Neuroimage. 2014; 92: 381-397
Haynes W (2013): Bonferroni Correction. In: Dubitzky W, Wolkenhauer O, Cho K-H, Yokota H, editors. Encyclopedia of Systems Biology. New York, NY: Springer New York, pp 154-154.
- Prefrontal-subcortical pathways mediating successful emotion regulation.Neuron. 2008; 59: 1037-1050
- Resting-state fMRI evidence for early episodic memory consolidation: effects of age.Neurobiol Aging. 2016; 45: 197-211
- Resilience to childhood maltreatment is associated with increased resting-state functional connectivity of the salience network with the lingual gyrus.Child abuse & neglect. 2013; 37: 1021-1029
- Gray Matter Volume of the Lingual Gyrus Mediates the Relationship between Inhibition Function and Divergent Thinking.Frontiers in Psychology. 2016; 7
- Decreased functional connectivity between the dorsal anterior cingulate cortex and lingual gyrus in Alzheimer's disease patients with depression.Behavioural Brain Research. 2017; 326: 132-138
- Common and distinct patterns of intrinsic brain activity alterations in major depression and bipolar disorder: voxel-based meta-analysis.Transl Psychiatry. 2020; 10: 353
- Attachment styles modulate neural markers of threat and imagery when engaging in self-criticism.Sci Rep. 2020; 1013776
- Abnormal resting state activity of left middle occipital gyrus and its functional connectivity in female patients with major depressive disorder.BMC Psychiatry. 2018; 18: 370
- A systematic review of mechanisms of change in mindfulness-based cognitive therapy in the treatment of recurrent major depressive disorder.Clin Psychol Rev. 2015; 37: 26-39
- How Does Rumination Impact Cognition? A First Mechanistic Model.Top Cogn Sci. 2018; 10: 175-191
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy for patients with chronic, treatment-resistant depression: A pragmatic randomized controlled trial.Depress Anxiety. 2018; 35: 914-924
- Does rumination mediate the relationship between mindfulness and depressive relapse?.Psychol Psychother. 2016; 89: 33-49
- The effects of mindfulness-based cognitive therapy on affective memory recall dynamics in depression: a mechanistic model of rumination.Front Hum Neurosci. 2012; 6: 257
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
The study was registered at ClinicalTrials.gov (NCT03353493).