Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
World Health Organization. Mental health: Suicide data. Available at: https://www.who.int/mental_health/prevention/suicide/suicideprevent/en/. Accessed August 8, 2018.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Vital signs. Suicide rising across the US: More than a mental health concern. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns/suicide/index.html. Accessed August 8, 2018.
- Prevalence of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Pediatrics. 2015; 135: e994-e1001
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and suicide: A systematic review.World J Psychiatry. 2017; 7: 44-59
- Mortality in children, adolescents, and adults with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: A nationwide cohort study.Lancet. 2015; 385: 2190-2196
- Adult ADHD and suicide.Atten Defic Hyperact Disord. 2014; 6: 153-158
- Association between suicidal spectrum behaviors and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2019; 103: 109-118
- Research Prioritization Task Force: A Prioritized Research Agenda for Suicide Prevention: An Action Plan to Save Lives.National Institute of Mental Health and the Research Prioritization Task Force, Rockville, MD2014
- Comparative efficacy and tolerability of medications for attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder in children, adolescents, and adults: A systematic review and network meta-analysis.Lancet Psychiatry. 2018; 5: 727-738
- Trends in attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder medication use: A retrospective observational study using population-based databases.Lancet Psychiatry. 2018; 5: 824-835
- Prevalence and correlates of prescription stimulant use, misuse, use disorders, and motivations for misuse among adults in the United States.Am J Psychiatry. 2018; 175: 741-755
- An update on the safety of psychostimulants for the treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder.Expert Opin Drug Saf. 2017; 16: 455-464
- The safety of atomoxetine for the treatment of children and adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: A comprehensive review of over a decade of research.CNS Drugs. 2016; 30: 603-628
Food and Drug Administration. Postmarket Drug Safety Information for Patients and Providers: Atomoxetine (marketed as Strattera) Information. Available at: https://www.fda.gov/drugs/postmarket-drug-safety-information-patients-and-providers/atomoxetine-marketed-strattera-information. Accessed January 15, 2020.
- Meta-analysis of suicide-related behavior events in patients treated with atomoxetine.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2008; 47: 209-218
- Emerging challenges in pharmacotherapy research on attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder-outcome measures beyond symptom control and clinical trials.Lancet Psychiatry. 2019; 6: 528-537
- Risks and benefits of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder medication on behavioral and neuropsychiatric outcomes: A qualitative review of pharmacoepidemiology studies using linked prescription databases.Biol Psychiatry. 2019; 86: 335-343
- Drug treatment for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and suicidal behaviour: Register based study.BMJ. 2014; 348: g3769
- Use of atomoxetine and suicidal ideation in children and adolescents: Results of an observational cohort study within general practice in England.Eur Psychiatry. 2017; 39: 11-16
- Suicide risk reduction in youths with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder prescribed methylphenidate: A Taiwan nationwide population-based cohort study.Res Dev Disabil. 2018; 72: 96-105
- Association of Risk of Suicide Attempts With Methylphenidate Treatment.JAMA Psychiatry. 2017; 74: 1048-1055
- Risk of suicidal events with atomoxetine compared to stimulant treatment: A cohort study.Pediatrics. 2016; 137e20153199
- A review of co-morbid depression in pediatric ADHD: Etiology, phenomenology, and treatment.J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol. 2008; 18: 565-571
- IBM MarketScan Research Databases for Life Sciences Researchers.IBM Corporation, Somers, NY2016
- Association between medication use for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and risk of motor vehicle crashes.JAMA Psychiatry. 2017; 74: 597-603
- ADHD medication and substance-related problems.Am J Psychiatry. 2017; 174: 877-885
- Rethinking impulsivity in suicide.Suicide Life Threat Behav. 2010; 40: 612-619
- Adult attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder: Key conceptual issues.Lancet Psychiatry. 2016; 3: 568-578
- Cross-national prevalence and correlates of adult attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder.Br J Psychiatry. 2007; 190: 402-409
- Cross-national analysis of the associations among mental disorders and suicidal behavior: Findings from the WHO World Mental Health Surveys.PLoS Med. 2009; 6e1000123
- Key Facts about the Uninsured Population.Kaiser Family Foundation, San Francisco, CA2017