Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Sodium benzoate, a D-amino acid oxidase inhibitor, added to clozapine for the treatment of schizophrenia: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.Biol Psychiatry. 2018; 84: 422-432
- Add-on treatment of benzoate for schizophrenia: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of D-amino acid oxidase inhibitor.JAMA Psychiatry. 2013; 70: 1267-1275
- The neurobiology of D-amino acid oxidase (DAO) and its involvement in schizophrenia.Mol Psychiatry. 2010; 15: 122-137
- Synaptic and extrasynaptic NMDA receptors are gated by different endogenous coagonists.Cell. 2012; 150: 633-646
- D-amino acid oxidase activity and expression are increased in schizophrenia.Mol Psychiatry. 2008; 13: 658-660
- D-amino acid oxidase and serine racemase in human brain: Normal distribution and altered expression in schizophrenia.Eur J Neurosci. 2007; 26: 1657-1669
- D-amino acid oxidase is expressed in the ventral tegmental area and modulates cortical dopamine.Front Synaptic Neurosci. 2014; 6: 11
- G72 primate-specific gene: A still enigmatic element in psychiatric disorders.Cell Mol Life Sci. 2016; 73: 2029-2039
- Assessment of the target engagement and D-serine biomarker profiles of the D-amino acid oxidase inhibitors sodium benzoate and PGM030756.Neurochem Int. 2017; 42 (3779–3288)
- Benzoate and sorbate salts: A systematic review of the potential hazards of these invaluable preservatives and the expanding spectrum of clinical uses for sodium benzoate.Compr Rev Food Sci Food Safety. 2017; 16: 868-880