Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- It is time to address the crisis in the pharmacotherapy of posttraumatic stress disorder: A consensus statement of the PTSD Psychopharmacology Working Group.Biol Psychiatry. 2017; 82: e51-e59
- Interventions for war-related posttraumatic stress disorder: Meeting veterans where they are.JAMA. 2011; 306: 549-551
- A trial of prazosin for combat trauma PTSD with nightmares in active-duty soldiers returned from Iraq and Afghanistan.Am J Psychiatry. 2013; 170: 1003-1010
- CSF norepinephrine concentrations in posttraumatic stress disorder.Am J Psychiatry. 2001; 158: 1227-1230
- Novel mechanism of action hypothesized for stellate ganglion block related to melatonin.Med Hypotheses. 2002; 59: 446-449
- Central representation of the sympathetic nervous system in the cerebral cortex.Brain Res. 2001; 903: 117-127
- Neuroimaging studies of emotional responses in PTSD.Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2006; 1071: 87-109
- Treatment of social phobia by endoscopic thoracic sympathicotomy.Eur J Surg. 1998; 164: 27-32
- The role of the sympathetic nervous system in anxiety: Is it possible to relieve anxiety with endoscopic sympathetic block?.Nord J Psychiatry. 2003; 57: 55-60
Alkire MT, Hollifield M, Khoshsar R, Nguyen L, Alley SR, Reist C (2015): Neuroimaging suggests that stellate ganglion block improves post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) through an amygdala mediated mechanism. Presented at the American Society of Anesthesiology Annual Meeting, October 24–28, 2015, San Diego, California.
- Use of stellate ganglion block for refractory post-traumatic stress disorder: A review of published cases.J Anesth Clin Res. 2014; 5: 4
- Stellate ganglion block used to treat symptoms associated with combat-related post-traumatic stress disorder: A case series of 166 patients.Mil Med. 2014; 179: 1133-1140
- Complications and side effects of stellate ganglion blockade: Results of a questionnaire survey.Anaesthetist. 1992; 41: 146-151