Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Repeated administration of the GABAB receptor positive modulator BHF177 decreased nicotine self-administration and acute administration decreased cue-induced reinstatement of nicotine seeking in rats.Psychopharmacology. 2011; 215: 117-128
- GABAB receptors in reward mechanisms.Adv Pharmacol. 2010; 58: 315-371
- The use of the intracranial self-stimulation in drug abuse research.in: Olmstead M.C. Animal Models of Drug Addiction. Neuromethods, vol. 53. Humana Press and Springer Science, New York2011: 3-56
- Association between nicotine withdrawal and reward responsiveness in humans and rats.JAMA Psychiatry. 2014; 71: 1238-1245
- Dramatic decreases in brain reward function during nicotine withdrawal.Nature. 1998; 393: 76-79
- Neurobiological similarities in depression and drug dependence: A self-medication hypothesis.Neuropsychopharmacology. 1998; 18: 135-174
We thank Mark Geyer for his support and kind comments in editing this commentary.