- Bruder G.E.
- Sedoruk J.P.
- Stewart J.W.
- McGrath P.J.
- Quitkin F.M.
- Tenke C.E.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
- Electroencephalographic alpha measures predict therapeutic response to a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor antidepressant: Pre- and post-treatment findings.Biol Psychiatry. 2008; 63: 1171-1177
- Classification and evaluation of the pharmacodynamics of psychotropic drugs by single-lead pharmaco-EEG, EEG mapping and tomography (LORETA).Methods Find Exp Clin. 2002; 24: 97-120
- Are there distinct biochemical subtypes of depression?.J Affect Disord. 1988; 15: 181-185
- Quantitive EEG in the prediction of antidepressant response to imipramine.J Affect Disord. 1996; 39: 175-184
- Influence of moclobemide on cognitive functions of nine depressed patients: A pilot trial.Neuropsychobiology. 1996; 33: 48-54
- The effects of St John's wort extract on heart rate variability, cognitive function and quantitative EEG: A comparison with amitryptyline and placebo in healthy men.Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2002; 54: 277-282
- Fluoxetine, amitryptyline and electroencephalogram.J Affect Disord. 1993; 29: 7-10
- Right hemisphere abnormalities in major depression: Quantitative EEG findings before and after treatment.J Affect Disord. 1996; 40: 169-173
Wisniewski G, Majkowicz M, Nowicki Z, Jakitowicz J, Trzebiatowska I, Iwan B (2006): Changes in EEG Alfa spectral power as a possible predictor of a clinical response in 6-week pharmacotherapy of depression. In: Kinoshita T, editor. Program and abstracts of the 14th Biennial Congress of International Pharmaco-EEG (IPEG) Society; September 7–10, 2006; Hyogo Prefecture, Japan, 59.
- Interrelation between changes in the EEG and psychopathology under pharmacotherapy for endogenous depression.Pharmacopsychiatry. 1984; 17: 178-183
- The concept of vigilance and aspects of thymoleptic effects on depressive disorder.Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 1996; 6: 210
- On acute and chronic CNS effects of antidepressants in normals: Neurophysiological, behavioural and pharmacokinetic studies with pirlindol.Methods Find Exp Clin. 1985; 7: 137-151
- Changes in brain function of depressed subjects during treatment with placebo.Am J Psychiatry. 2002; 159: 122-129
- Functional but not structural subgenual prefrontal cortex (PFC) abnormalities in melancholia.Mol Psychiatr. 2004; 9: 393-405
- Quantitative electroencephalography in OCD patients treated with paroxetine.Clin EEG Neurosci. 2003; 34: 70-75
- Classification and determination of cerebral bioavailability of fluoxetine: Pharmacokinetic, pharmaco-EEG, and psychometric analyses.J Clin Psychiatry. 1985; 46: 45-52
ScienceDirectAccess this article on ScienceDirect
- ReplyBiological PsychiatryVol. 64Issue 10
- PreviewWiśniewski et al. make the interesting point that despite the lack of changes in electroencephalography (EEG) α power after 12 weeks of fluoxetine treatment in our study (1), other studies have reported acute effects of a single dose or up to a couple of weeks of antidepressant drugs on EEG α power. There might well be acute effects of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) antidepressant drugs on EEG measures that are not seen during chronic treatment. Acute changes in EEG are particularly important if they predict subsequent clinical response to an SSRI (2).