Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
- Molecular machines integrate coincident synaptic signals.Cell. 1993; 72: 65-75
- Differential expression of plasticity-related genes in waking and sleep and their regulation by the noradrenergic system.J Neurosci. 2000; 20: 9187-9194
- Gene expression in the brain across the sleep-waking cycle.Brain Res. 2000; 885: 303-321
- Synaptic plasticity and mood disorders.Mol Psychiatry. 2002; 7: S29-S34
- Delayed pharmacological effects of antidepressants.Mol Psychiatry. 2002; 7: S23-S28
- Manic-Depressive Illness. Oxford University Press, Inc, New York1990
- Initiation and adaptation.Am J Psychiatry. 1996; 153: 151-162
- Molecular mechanisms underlying mood stabilization in manic-depressive illness.Am J Psychiatry. 1999; 156: 1506-1514
- Impairments of neuroplasticity and cellular resilience in severe mood disorder.Psychopharmacol Bull. 2001; 35: 5-49
Manji HK, Quiroz JA, Sporn J, Payne JL, Zarate CA, Denicoff K, et al (2002, in press): Enhancing synaptic plasticity and cellular resilience to develop novel, improved therapeutics for difficult to treat depression. Biol Psychiatry.
- Preclinical models.Biol Psychiatry. 2002; 52: 503-528
- Effects of tryptophan depletion in drug-free depressed patients who responded to total sleep deprivation.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1998; 55: 167-172
- Biological timing and the clock metaphor.Chronobiol Int. 2001; 18: 329-369
- Potential mechanisms of the sleep therapies for depression.Depress Anxiety. 2001; 14: 29-36
Rush AJ and Ryan ND (2002): Current and Emerging Therapeutics for Depression. In: KL Davis, DS Charney, JT Coyle, CB Nemeroff, editors. Neurosychopharmacology—the Fifth Generation of Progress. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, pp 1081–1098.
- A function for REM sleep.Brain Res. 1988; 472: 213-233
- Antidepressant-like effect of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF).Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 1997; 56: 131-137
- Circadian rhythms in medicine.CNS Spectrums. 2001; 6: 467-482
- Response of the norepinephrine system to antidepressant drugs.CNS Spectrums. 2001; 6: 679-684
- REM sleep deprivation induces a decrease in norepinephrine-stimulated 3H-cyclic AMP accumulation in slices from rat brain.Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 1986; 25: 223-225
- Sleep deprivation.Psychiatry Res. 1981; 5: 67-76
- Sleep deprivation in depression.Biol Psychiatry. 1999; 46: 445-453
- The biological basis of an antidepressant response to sleep deprivation and relapse.Am J Psychiatry. 1990; 147: 14-21