Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Anonymous (1997): Pediatric Patients: Regulations requiring manufacturers to assess the safety and effectiveness of new drugs and biological products: proposed rule. 21 CFR Parts 201, 312, 314, and 601.
Anonymous (1994): Specific requirements on content and format of labeling for human prescription drugs; Revision of ‘pediatric use’ subsection in the labeling; Final rule. US Federal Register 59(238): 64240–64250.
Anonymous (1995): Section 505 (b) of the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act 21 USC 321 et seq. pp.505 (b) USC 321.
- Unapproved uses of approved drugs.Pediatrics. 1996; 98: 143-145
Department of Health and Human Services (2000): U.S. Public Health Service, Report of the Surgeon General’s Conference on Children’s Mental Health: A National Action Agenda, Washington, DC.
dosReis S, Zito JM, Safer DJ, Soeken K (in press): Mental health services for foster care and supplemental security income disabled youth. Am J Public Health.
- The need for a new medical model.Science. 1977; 196: 129-136
- Phenobarbital for febrile seizures-effects on intelligence and on seizure recurrence.N Engl J Med. 1990; 322: 364-369
- Determining optimal therapy-randomized trials in individual patients.N Engl J Med. 1986; 314: 889-892
- Child and adolescent psychopharmacology.Psychopharmacol Bull. 1994; 30: 3-8
- Regulatory issues in pediatric psychopharmacology.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1996; 34: 1276-1282
- The extent of drug therapy for attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder among children in public schools.Am J Public Health. 1999; 89: 1359-1364
- We need a postmarketing drug development process (commentary).Pharmacoepidem Drug Safety. 2000; 9: 253-255
- Principles of therapeutics.in: Hardman J.G Limbird L.E Goodman and Gilman’s The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics. McGraw Hill, New York1996: 43-62
Rushton JL, Whitmire JT (2001): Pediatric stimulant and SSRI prescription trends: 1992–1998. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 155:560–565.
- Stimulant treatment in Maryland public schools.Pediatrics. 2000; 106: 533-539
- Pemoline hepatotoxicity and post-marketing surveillance.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2001; 40: 622-629
Vitiello B (in press): Psychopharmacology for young children: Clinical needs and research opportunities. Pediatrics.
- Medication development and testing in children and adolescents.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1997; 54: 871-876
Walsh T (1999): Clinical and epidemiological assessment of risks of desipramine (personal communication).
Zito JM (in press): Pharmacoepidemiology of methylphenidate and other stimulants for the treatment of ADHD. Mental Health, United States. DHHS.
- Racial disparity in psychotropic medications prescribed for youths with medicaid insurance in Maryland.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1998; 37: 179-184
- Psychiatric pharmacoepidemiology for children.Child Adolesc Psychiatric Clin North Am. 1995; 4: 77-95
- Sources of data for pharmacoepidemiological studies of child and adolescent psychiatric disorders.J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol. 1997; 7: 237-253
- Trends in the prescribing of psychotropic medications to preschoolers.JAMA. 2000; 283: 1025-1030
Zito JM, Safer DJ, dosReis S, Gardner JF, Johnson RE, Lynch F, Boles M (1999, June): Ten year prevalence trends for psychotropic medication from two health service systems [Abstract]. Presented at the New Clinical Drug Evaluation Meeting, Boca Raton, Florida.
- Prevalence variations in psychotropic treatment of children.J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol. 1998; 8: 99-105
- Antidepressant treatment in children and adolescents.Curr Psychiatry Rep. 2001; 3: 115-125