Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
- Affective disorders in referred children and younger siblings of manic-depressives. Mode of onset and prospective course.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1985; 42: 996-1003
American Psychiatric Association (1994): Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th ed. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Press.
- The depressive spectrum.J Affect Disord. 1997; 45: 31-39
- Childhood-onset depressive disorders. A follow-up study of rates of rehospitalization and out-of-home placement among child psychiatry inpatients.J Affect Disord. 1988; 15: 245-253
- Correlates of the medical lethality of suicide attempts in children and adolescents.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1987; 26: 87-91
- Difficulties in diagnosing manic disorders among children and adolescents.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1992; 31: 611-614
- Behavioral efficacy of haloperidol and lithium carbonate. A comparison in hospitalized aggressive children with conduct disorder.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1984; 41: 650-656
- Lithium in hospitalized children at 4 and 8 weeks.J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 1992; 33: 411-425
- Mood stabilizer augmentation with olanzapine in acutely manic children.J Chapter Adolesc Psychopharmacol. 2000; 10: 45-49
- Lithium-induced behavior changes in children with symptoms suggesting manic-depressive illness.Psychopharmacol Bull. 1983; 19: 258-265
- Naturalistic experience with the use of divalproex sodium on an inpatient unit for adolescent psychiatric patients.Acta Psychiatr Scand. 1998; 97: 236-240
- Depression in Primary Care: Volume 1. Detection and Diagnosis Clinical Practice Guideline, Number 5 [AHCPR Publication 93–0550]. US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, Agency for Health Care Policy and Research, Rockville, MD1993
- Divalproex treatment for youth with explosive temper and mood lability.Am J Psychiatry. 2000; 157: 818-820
- Long-term outcome of depressed children.DevMed Child Neurol. 1984; 26: 68-72
Emslie GJ, Heiligenstein JH, Hoog SL, Ernest DE, Brown E, Nilsson M, et al (2000a, December): Fluoxetine for acute treatment of depression in children and adolescents: A placebo-controlled, randomized clinical trial. Paper presented at the 39th Annual Meeting of the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology, San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Emslie GJ, Heiligenstein JH, Hoog SL, Findling RL, Wagner KD, Ernest DE, et al (2001, May): Fluoxetine for maintenance of recovery from depression in children and adolescents: A placebo-controlled, randomized clinical trial. Paper presented at the 154th Annual Meeting of the American Psychiatric Association, New Orleans, LA.
- Updates in the pharmacologic treatment of childhood depression.in: Dunner D.L. Rosenbaum J.F. The Psychiatric Clinics of North America Annual of Drug Therapy. W.B. Saunders Company, Philadelphia2000: 235-256
- Double-blind, randomized placebo-controlled trial of fluoxetine in depressed children and adolescents.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1997; 54: 1031-1037
- Recurrence of major depressive disorder in hospitalized children and adolescents.J Am Acad Chapter Adolesc Psychiatry. 1997; 36: 785-792
- Fluoxetine in child and adolescent depression.Depression Anxiety. 1998; 7: 32-39
- The outcome of adolescent depression in the Ontario child health study follow-up.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1993; 32: 28-33
- Epidemiology of childhood depressive disorders.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1990; 29: 571-580
Food and Drug Administration (1998): Regulations requiring manufacturers to assess the safety and effectiveness of new drugs and biological products in pediatric patients: Final rule. 63 (Dec 2): 66631–66672.
Food and Drug Administration Modernization Act of 1997 (1997). 27 USC: 321.
Frazier J, Biederman J, Jacobs TG, Tohen MF, Toma V, Feldman PD, et al (2000, May): Olanzapine in the treatment of bipolar disorder in juveniles. Paper presented at the 40th Annual Meeting of the New Clinical Drug Evaluation Unit Program (NCDEU), Boca Raton, FL.
- Risperidone treatment for juvenile bipolar disorder.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1999; 38: 960-965
- The mania rating scale.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1992; 31: 252-257
- Recurrent depression in adolescents.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1988; 27: 49-54
- Double-blind and placebo-controlled study of lithium for adolescent bipolar disorders with secondary substance dependency.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1998; 37: 171-178
- Child and adolescent bipolar disorder.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1997; 36: 1168-1176
- Complex and rapid-cycling in bipolar children and adolescents.J Affect Disord. 1995; 34: 259-268
- Prepubertal and young adolescent bipolarity versus ADHD.J Affect Disord. 1998; 51: 93-100
- Six-month stability and outcome of a prepubertal and early adolescent bipolar disorder phenotype.J Chapter Adolesc Psychopharmacol. 2000; 10: 165-173
- Social influences on the course of anxious and depressive disorders in school-age children.Br J Psychiatry. 1991; 158: 676-684
Hazell P, O’Connell D, Heathcote D, Robertson J, Henry D (1995): Efficacy of tricyclic drugs in treating child and adolescent depression: A meta-analysis. BMJ 310:987–901.
Kafantaris V, Coletti DJ, Dicker R, Padula G (2000, October): Lithium response in acute adolescent mania. Paper presented at the 47th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, New York, NY.
Keller MB, Beardslee W, Lavori PW, Wunder J, Drs DL, Samuelson H (1988): Course of major depression in non-referred adolescents: A retrospective study. J Affect Disord 15:235–243.
- Relapse in major depressive disorder.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1982; 39: 911-915
- Sex and depression in the national comorbidity survey.J Affect Disord. 1994; 30: 15-26
- Presentation and course of major depressive disorder during childhood and later years of the life span.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1996; 35: 705-715
- Depressive disorders in childhood.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1984; 41: 229-237
- Depressive disorders in childhood.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1984; 41: 643-649
- Effect size of lithium, divalproex sodium, and carbamazepine in children and adolescents with bipolar disorder.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2000; 39: 713-720
- Bipolar disorders in a community sample of older adolescents.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1995; 34: 454-463
Lewinsohn PM, Rohde P, Seeley, Klein DN, Gotlib IH (2000): Natural course of adolescent major depressive disorder in a community sample: Predictors of recurrence in young adults. Am J Psychiatry 157:1584–1591.
- Depression in young people.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1993; 32: 714-722
- A longitudinal study of depression in nine-year-old children.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1988; 27: 342-348
- Lithium in children of lithium-responding parents.Psychiatry Res. 1981; 4: 171-180
- Divalproex sodium treatment in late adolescent and young adult acute mania.Psychopharm Bull. 1993; 29: 213-219
- Suicidal children grow up.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1991; 30: 609-616
- Dysphoric mania.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1989; 46: 353-358
- Childhood depression.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1976; 15: 491-501
- Unipolar depression in adolescents.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1995; 34: 566-578
- Gabapentin in bipolar disorder.J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neuroscience. 1997; 9: 301
- Risperidone for young children with mood disorders and aggressive behavior.J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol. 1998; 8: 49-59
- The NIMH diagnostic interview schedule for children version 2.3 (DISC-2.3).J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1996; 35: 865-877
- Adolescent depression.Prog Neuropsychopharm Biol Psychiatry. 1990; 14: 791-795
- Olanzapine in the treatment of adolescent acute mania.J Affect Dis. 1999; 53: 279-283
- Early childhood attention deficit hyperactivity disorder predicts poorer response to acute lithium therapy in adolescent mania.J Affect Disord. 1998; 51: 145-151
- The course of major depressive disorder in adolescents.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1993; 32: 34-42
- A family study of bipolar I disorder in adolescence. Early onset of symptoms linked to increased familial loading and lithium resistance.J Affect Disord. 1988; 15: 255-268
- Relapse following discontinuation of lithium maintenance therapy in adolescents with bipolar I illness.Am J Psychiatry. 1990; 147: 457-461
- Recovery and relapse in adolescents with bipolar affecitve illness.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1995; 34: 724-731
Wagner KD, Birmaher B, Carlson G, Clarke G, Emslie G, Geller B, et al (1998, May): Safety of paroxetine and imipramine in the treatment of adolescent depression. Paper presented at the 38th Annual Meeting of the New Clinical Drug Evaluation Unit Program (NCDEU), Boca Raton, FL.
Wagner KD, Weller E, Biederman J, Carlson G, Frazier J, Wozniak P, et al (2000, October): Safety and efficacy of divalproex in childhood bipolar disorder. Paper presented at the 47th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Scientific, New York, NY.
- Open trial of fluoxetine in children and adolescents with dysthymic disorder or double depression.J Affect Disord. 1999; 56: 227-236
- Lithium dosage guide for prepubertal children.J Am Acad Child Psychiatry. 1986; 25: 92-95
Zito JM, Safer DJ, dis Reis S, Gardner JF, Boles M, Lynch F (2000): Trends in the prescribing of psychotropic medications in preschoolers. JAMA 283:1025–1030.