Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
- Insurance coverage of mental health and substance abuse services for children and adolescents.Pediatrics. 2000; 106: 860-862
- Managed behavioral health care.Health Aff. 1999; 18: 214-225
Center for Mental Health Services (1999): Child, Adolescent and Family Program Summary, May 1999. Available at: http://www.mentalhealth.org/cmhs/childrenscampaign/cafbprog.htm. Accessed March 15, 2001.
- Does managing behavioral health care services increase the cost of providing medical care?.J Behav Health Serv Res. 1999; 26: 372-379
- Managed behavioral health care in 1999.Health Aff. 1999; 18: 116-124
- Economics and mental health.in: Culyer A.J Newhouse J.P Handbook of Health Economics. North-Holland, Amsterdam2000: 893-954
- Getting the incentives right for children.Health Serv Res. 1998; 33: 1143-1160
- Children’s access to mental health care.Health Aff. 1997; 16: 167-174
- Costs and use of mental health services before and after managed care.Health Aff. 1998; 17: 40-52
Grazier KL (1998): Insuring for mental health services: Corporate responses and implications. The case of the mental health carve-out. Manuscript based on NIMH-supported Grant No. RO1 MH54135 (Submitted for publication). Cited by National Institutes of Health 1998.
- Mental health care utilization and expenditures by children in foster care.Arch Ped Adolesc Med. 2000; 154: 1114-1117
Health Care Financing Administration (2000): The State Children’s Insurance Program: Preliminary highlights of implementation and expansion. Available at: http://www.hcfa.gov./init/wh0700.pdf. Accessed March 15, 2001.
Hoven CW, et al (unpublished data): Tabulations of the Westchester County Study.
- Managed care and children.Future Child. 1998; 8: 25-38
- Utilization management analysis for children’s mental health services.J Behav Health Serv Res. 1998; 25: 35-42
- Costs and incentives in a behavioral health carve-out.Health Aff. 1998; 17: 53-69
National Institutes of Health (1998): Parity in financing mental health services: Managed care effects on cost, access and quality. Interim report to Congress by the National Advisory Mental Health Council. Bethesda, MD: National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Mental Health.
- The unmet health needs of America’s children.Pediatrics. 2000; 105: 989-997
- Cost shifting in a mental health carve-out for the AFDC population.Health Care Financing Rev. 1997; 18: 95-108
- Cost-shifting in managed care.Ment Health Serv Res. 1999; 1: 185-196
- Outcomes for adult outpatients with depression under prepaid or fee-for-service financing.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1993; 50: 517-525
- Changes in Medicaid managed care enrollment among children.Health Aff. 1997; 16: 164-170
- The NIMH Diagnostic Interview Schedule for Children, version 2.3 (DISC 2.3).J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1996; 35: 865-877
- The impact of managed care on mental health services for children and their families.Future Child. 1998; 8: 119-133
- Tracking changes in behavioral health services.J Behav Health Serv Res. 1999; 26: 360
- Use of psychiatrists, psychologists, and master’s-level therapists in managed behavioral health care carve-out plans.Psychiatric Services. 1999; 50: 504-508
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (2000): State Profiles, 1999, on Public Sector Managed Behavioral Health Care. DHHS Publication No. (SMA)00-3432. Rockville, MD.
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (1999): Mental Health: A Report of the Surgeon General. Rockville, MD: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Center for Mental Health Services, National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Mental Health.
- Detection of depressive disorder for patients receiving prepaid or fee-for-service care.JAMA. 1989; 263: 2298-2300
- Factors associated with admission to public and private hospitals from a psychiatric emergency screening site.Psychiatr Serv. 1995; 46: 467-472
- Effects of utilization management on patterns of hospital care among privately insured adult patients.Med Care. 1998; 36: 1545-1554
- Effects of health care cost-containment programs on patterns of care and readmissions among children and adolescents.Am J Pub Health. 1999; 89: 1353-1358
- Characteristics of short-stay admissions to a psychiatric inpatient service.J Behav Health Serv Res. 1998; 25: 337-345