Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
American Psychiatric Association (1994): Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th ed. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Press.
- Dieting reduces plasma tryptophan and alters brain serotonin function in women.J Psychol Med. 1990; 20: 785-791
- Does fluoxetine augment the inpatient treatment of anorexia nervosa?.Am J Psychiatry. 1998; 155: 548-551
- Fluoxetine.Drugs. 1986; 32: 481-508
- Amitriptyline in the treatment of anorexia nervosa.J Clin Psychopharmacol. 1985; 5: 10-16
- Lack of association between 5-HT2A promoter polymorphism and susceptibility to anorexia nervosa.Lancet. 1998; 351: 499
- Psychological correlates of weight gain in patients with anorexia nervosa.J Psychiatr Res. 1985; 19: 267-271
- Association between 5-HT2A gene promoter polymorphism and anorexia nervosa.Lancet. 1997; 350: 412
Cox D, Oakes D (1984): Analysis of Survival Data. London: Chapman & Hall.
- Clomipramine and “drive” in people with anorexia nervosa.Br J Psychiatry. 1987; 150: 355-358
- Serotonin function and the mechanism of antidepressant action.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1990; 47: 411-418
- Depression in anorexia nervosa.Psychol Med. 1982; 12: 115-122
- Replication of an association between 5-HT2A promoter polymorphism −1438G/A and anorexia nervosa, and association with obsessive-compulsive disorder.Lancet. 1998; 351: 1785-1786
- Are SSRI’s effective in underweight anorexia nervosa?.Int J Eat Disord. 1999; 25: 11-18
- Oestrogen and mental state.Nature. 1996; 383: 306
- Manipulations of dietary tryptophan.Brain Res. 1979; 169: 139-153
- The Yale-Brown Obsessive Compulsive Scale (YBOCS).Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1989; 46: 1012-1016
- The Yale-Brown Obsessive Compulsive Scale (YBOCS).Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1989; 46: 1006-1011
- Outcome of outpatient psychotherapy in a random allocation treatment study of anorexia nervosa.Int J Eat Disord. 1994; 15: 165-177
- Fluoxetine.N Engl J Med. 1994; 331: 1354-1361
- Fluoxetine treatment of anorexia nervosa.J Clin Psychiatry. 1990; 51: 378-382
- Brief psychotherapy in the treatment of anorexia nervosa.Br J Psychiatry. 1987; 151: 185-191
- anorexia nervosa.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1986; 43: 177-181
- The assessment of anxiety states by rating.Br J Med Psychol. 1959; 32: 50-55
- A rating scale for depression.J Neurology Neurosurg Psychiatry. 1960; 23: 56-65
- The current status of treatment for anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa.Int J Eat Disord. 1992; 12: 215-220
- Serotonin transporter gene-linked polymorphic region.Life Sci. 1997; 61: 295-303
- The outcome of anorexia nervosa.Psychol Med. 1988; 18: 807-812
- Outcome of anorexia nervosa—a review of the literature (1954–1978).Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1980; 37: 1041-1045
Kalbfleisch J, Prentice R (1980): The Statistical Analysis of Failure Time Data. New York: Wiley.
- Abnormalities in CNS monoamine metabolism in anorexia nervosa.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1984; 41: 350-355
- Alterations in serotonin activity and psychiatric symptomatology after recovery from bulimia nervosa.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1998; 55: 927-935
- CSF 5-HIAA concentrations in anorexia nervosa.Biol Psychiatry. 1988; 23: 102-105
- An open trial of fluoxetine in patients with anorexia nervosa.J Clin Psychiatry. 1991; 52: 464-471
- The genetic epidemiology of bulimia nervosa.Am J Psychiatry. 1991; 148: 1627-1636
Lacey JH, Crisp AH (1980): Hunger, food intake and weight: The impact of clomipramine on refeeding anorexia nervosa population. Postgrad Med J 56(suppl 1):79–85.
- Depression as a correlate of starvation in patients with eating disorders.Biol Psychiatry. 1988; 23: 719-725
- A controlled family study of anorexia and bulimia nervosa.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1998; 55: 603-610
- Hospitalization for anorexia nervosa.Int J Eat Disord. 1992; 11: 235-241
- Oestradiol-17 Beta increases serotonin transporter (SERT) binding sites and SERT mRNA expression in discrete regions of female rat brain.J Physiol (Lond). 1996; 495: 114
- Interaction of diet and drugs in the regulation of brain 5-hydroxy indoles and the response to painful electric shock.Life Sci. 1976; 18: 707-714
Metropolitan Life Insurance Company (1959): New weight standards for men and women. Stat Bull Metrop Insur Co 40:1–11.
- A review of the controlled trials of pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy in the treatment of bulimia nervosa.Int J Eat Disord. 1993; 14: 229-247
- Mortality in eating disorders.Psychol Med. 1988; 18: 947-951
- Efficacy of drug treatment in obsessive-compulsive disorder.Br J Psychiatry. 1995; 166: 424-443
- Relationship of depression, anxiety, and obsessionality to state of illness in anorexia nervosa.Int J Eat Disord. 1997; 21: 367-376
- An evaluation of family therapy in anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1987; 44: 1047-1056
- Effects of carbohydrate and protein meals on plasma large neutral amino acids, glucose and insulin plasma levels of anorectic patients.Metabolism. 1986; 35: 938-943
- 5-HT2A promoter polymorphism in anorexia nervosa.Lancet. 1998; 351: 1785
- Persistent perfectionism, symmetry, and exactness in anorexia nervosa after long-term recovery.Am J Psychiatry. 1995; 152: 1630-1634
- Psychoneurotic characteristics of patients with anorexia nervosa before and after treatment and at 4–7 year follow-up.J Psychosom Res. 1977; 21: 189-193
- Does adjunctive fluoxetine influence the post-hospital course of restrictor-type anorexia nervosa? A 24-month prospective, longitudinal followup and comparison with historical controls.Psychopharmacol Bull. 1997; 33: 425-431
Strober M, Katz JL (1988): Depression in the eating disorders: A review and analysis of descriptive, family, and biological findings. In: Garner DM, Garfinkel PE, editors. Diagnostic Issues in Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia Nervosa, Vol 2. New York: Brunner/Mazel, 80–111.
- Mortality in anorexia nervosa.Am J Psychiatry. 1995; 152: 1073-1074
- The Yale-Brown-Cornell Eating Disorder Scale.Int J Eat Disord. 1995; 18: 237-245
Theander S (1983): Long-term prognosis of anorexia nervosa: A preliminary report. In: Darby PL, editor. Anorexia Nervosa: Recent Developments in Research. New York: A.R. Liss, pp 441–442.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder among patients with anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa.Am J Psychiatry. 1995; 152: 72-75
Tollefson GD (1995): Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. In: Schatzberg AF, Memeroff CB, editors. Textbook of Psychopharmacology. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Press, pp 161–182.
- A pilot study of a randomized trial of cognitive analytical therapy vs educational behavioral therapy for adult anorexia nervosa.Behav Res Ther. 1995; 33: 363-367
- Neuroleptics in the short-term treatment of anorexia nervosa.Br J Psychiatry. 1984; 144: 288-292
- Pimozide combined with behavior therapy in the short-term treatment of anorexia nervosa.Acta Psychiatr Scand. 1982; 66: 445-450
Walsh BT (1995): Pharmacotherapy of eating disorders. In: Brownell KD, Fairburn CG, editors. Eating Disorders and Obesity: A Comprehensive Handbook. New York: Guilford, pp 329–340.
Winer BJ (1971): Statistical Principles in Experimental Design, 2nd ed. New York: McGraw Hill.
- 5-HT2 receptor changes in major depression.Biol Psychiatry. 1990; 27: 489-496