Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
- The unipolar-bipolar dichotomy and the response to sleep deprivation.Psychiatry Res. 1998; 79: 43-50
- The forgotten treatment modality in bipolar illness.Dis Nerv Syst. 1975; 36: 634-638
- Lithium salt in the treatment of psychotic excitement.Med J Aust. 1949; 2: 349-352
- Neuroendocrine disturbances and the diagnosis and aetiology of endogenous depression.Lancet. 1980; 1: 321-322
- What is the role of psychotherapy in the treatment of bipolar disorder?.Psychother Psychosom. 1998; 67: 3-9
- The enduring psychosocial consequences of mania and depression.Am J Psychiatry. 1993; 150: 720-727
- Psychosocial treatments for bipolar disorder.in: Nathan P.E. Gorman J.M. A Guide to Treatments That Work. Oxford University Press, New York1998: 240-248
- Social zeitgebers and biological rhythms.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1988; 45: 948-952
- Biological rhythms and depression.Depression. 1993; 1: 285-293
- Life events and the course of bipolar disorder.Am J Psychiatry. 1990; 147: 1194-1198
- Interpersonal and social rhythm therapy prevents depressive symptomatology in bipolar 1 patients.Bipolar Disord. 1999; 1: 13
- Inducing lifestyle regularity in recovering bipolar disorder patients.Biol Psychiatry. 1997; 41: 1165-1173
- Interpersonal and social rhythm therapy for bipolar disorder.Behav Therapist. 1994; 17: 143-149
- Three-year outcomes for maintenance therapies in recurrent depression.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1990; 47: 1093-1099
- Adjunctive psychotherapy for bipolar disorder.J Abnorm Psychol. 1999; 108: 579-587
- Therapeutic factors in psychotherapy.Am J Psychother. 1971; 25: 350-361
Fromm-Reichmann F (1949): Intensive psychotherapy of manic-depressives. Confinia Neurol 9:158–165.
- Course and outcome in bipolar affective disorder.Am J Psychiatry. 1995; 152: 379-384
- Manic-Depressive Illness. Oxford University Press, New York1990
- Bipolar depression.Depression Anxiety. 1997; 5: 73-83
- Psychosocial approaches to the treatment of bipolar disorder.Curr Opin Psychiatry. 2000; 13: 69-72
- Treatment of depression by drugs and psychotherapy.Am J Psychiatry. 1974; 131: 186-191
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy of Depression. Basic Books, New York1984
- Long-term treatment of depression.J Clin Psychiatry. 1991; 52: 28-34
- EEG sleep profiles and recurrent depression.Biol Pyschiatry. 1991; 30: 641-655
- Relationship between sleep and mood in patients with rapid-cycling bipolar disorder.Psychiatry Res. 1996; 63: 161-168
- A clinical trial of sleep deprivation in combination with antidepressant medication.Psychiatry Res. 1993; 46: 213-227
- Is sleep deprivation useful in the treatment of depression?.Am J Psychiatry. 1992; 149: 159-168
- Stressful life events and social rhythm disruption in the onset of manic and depressive bipolar episodes.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1998; 55: 702-707
Malkoff-Schwartz S, Frank E, Anderson BP, Hlastala SA, Luther JF, Sherrill JT, et al (2000): Social rhythm disruption and stressful life events in the onset of bipolar and unipolar episodes. Psychol Med 30:1005–1016.
- Efficacy of lithium prophylaxis in clinical practice.Br J Psychiatry. 1989; 155: 496-500
- New psychotherapies for bipolar disorder.in: Goldberg J.F. Harrow M. Bipolar Disorders Clinical Course and Outcome. American Psychiatric Press, Washington, DC1999: 57-84
- The Social Rhythm Metric (SRM).Psychiatry Res. 1991; 36: 195-207
- The Social Rhythm Metric.J Nerv Ment Dis. 1990; 178: 120-126
- Drug therapy in the prevention of recurrences in unipolar and bipolar affective disorders.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1984; 41: 1096-1104
- Nortriptyline and interpersonal psychotherapy as maintenance therapies for recurrent major depression.JAMA. 1999; 281: 39-45
Sachs GS, Printz DJ, Kahn DA, Carpenter D, Docherty JP (2000): The expert concensus guidline series: Medication treatment of bipolar disorder 2000. Postgrad Med April:1–104.
Swartz HA, Frank E (in press): Psychotherapy for bipolar depression: A phase-specific strategy? Bipolar Disord.
- Sleep reduction as a final common pathway in the genesis of mania.Am J Psychiatry. 1987; 144: 201-204
- Prediction of antidepressant effects of sleep deprivation by metabolic rates in the ventral anterior cingulate and medial prefrontal cortex.Am J Psychiatry. 1999; 156: 1149-1158