This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. American Psychiatric Press, New York1994 4th edition.
- Negative symptoms in schizophrenia: Definition and reliability.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1982; 39: 784-788
- Differential effects of amphetamine and neuroleptics on negative vs. positive symptoms in schizophrenia.Psychopharmacology. 1980; 72: 17-19
- Emotional experience and expression in schizophrenia and depression.J Abnorm Psychol. 1992; 101: 37-44
- Medication effects: Conceptual and methodological issues in schizophrenia research.Clin Psychol Rev. 1992; 12: 345-361
- Structured Clinical Interview for Axis 1 DSM-IV Disorders—Patient Edition (SCID-I/P, Version 2.0).Biometrics Research Department, Washington DC1994
- Mechanism of the antipsychotic effect in the treatment of acute schizophrenia.Lancet. 1978; 1: 848-851
- Flat affect in schizophrenia does not reflect diminished subjective experience of emotion.J Abnorm Psychol. 1993; 102: 507-517
- Do schizophrenics show a disjunctive relationship among expressive, experiential, and psychophysiological components of emotion?.J Abnorm Psychol. 1996; 105: 249-257
- The Facial Expression Coding System (FACES): A Users Guide. 1991; (Unpublished manuscript)
- Pharmacologic treatment of negative symptoms.in: Greden JF Tandon R Negative Schizophrenic Symptoms: Pathophysiology and Clinical Implications. American Psychiatric Press, New York1991: 215-231
Received in revised form: December 27, 1995
Received: September 18, 1995
This work was supported in part by grants from the Scottish Rite Schizophrenia Research Program awarded to the second author and from Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society awarded to the first author.
© 1996 Society of Biological Psychiatry. Published by Elsevier Inc.