This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. American Psychiatric Press, Washington, DC1987 3rd ed rev.
- Arousal and physiological toughness: Implications for mental and physical health.Psychol Rev. 1989; 96: 84-100
- Catecholamine response of children in a naturally occurring stressor situation.J Human Stress. 1986; 12: 154-161
- Simultaneous measurement of DOPA, DOPAC, and cathecholamines in plasma by liquid chromatography with electrochemical detection.Clin Chem. 1984; 30: 815-816
- Aggressiveness and hyperactive behavior as related to adrenaline excretion.Eur J Personality. 1989; 3: 81-93
- A neuroanatomical and biochemical basis for attention deficit disorder with hyperactivity in children: A defect in tonic adrenaline mediated inhibition of locus coeruleus stimulation.Med Hypotheses. 1989; 29: 33-42
- Prestimulation-induced startle modulation in attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder and nocturnal enuresis.Psychophysiology. 1992; 29: 437-451
- Urinary excretion of catecholamines in healthy subjects in relation to body growth.Acta Endocrinol. 1980; 94: 546-551
- Urinary catecholamines in attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder with and without comorbid anxiety.J Am Acad Adolesc Psychiatry. 1994; 33: 1165-1173
- Behavioral correlates of excreted catecholamines and cortisol in second-grade children.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1986; 25: 764-770
- Introduction to the use of ACTeRS.Psychopharmacol Bull. 1985; 21: 915-920
- Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children-Revised.Psychological Corporation, Washington DC1974
- Reliability, validity, and child agreement studies of the Diagnostic Interview for Children and Adolescents (DICA).J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1987; 265: 649-653
- Neurobiology of attention deficit disorder with hyperactivity: Where have we come in 50 years?.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1987; 26: 676-686
Received in revised form: January 30, 1996
Received: December 4, 1995
EMO was supported in part by NICHHD Grants HD-14193 and HD-04612.
© 1996 Society of Biological Psychiatry. Published by Elsevier Inc.