Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
- Lithium amplifies agonist-dependent phosphatidylinositol responses in brain and salivary glands.Biochern J. 1982; 206: 587-595
- Rapid formation of diacylglycerol from phosphatidylcholine: A pathway for generation of a second messenger.in: Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 83. 1986: 6785-6789
- Choline and cholinergic neurons.Science. 1983; 221: 614-620
- Elevated choline concentrations in basal ganglia of depressed patients.Biol Psychiatry. 1992; 31: 99A
- Lecithin in mania: A preliminary report.Am J Psychiatry. 1980; 137: 242-243
- Lecithin in the treatment of mania: Double-blind, placebo-controlled trials.Am J Psychiatry. 1982; 139: 1162-1164
- The effect of hyper and hypothyroidism, hypophysectomy and adrenalectomy on phosphatidylethanolamine methyltransferase, phosphatidyl-dimethyl-ethanolamine methyltransferase, and choline phosphotransferase of rat liver microsomes.Int J Biochem. 1984; 16: 567-570
- The inhibition of diacylglycerol-stimulated intracellular phospholipases by phospholipids with a phosphocholine-containing polar group.Biochem J. 1985; 230: 61-68
- Signaling through phosphatidylcholine breakdown.J Biol Chem. 1990; 265: 1-4
- Localized proton NMR spectroscopy in different regions of human brain in vivo.Magn Reson Med. 1989; 9: 79-93
- High-affinity choline transport sites: Use of [3H]hemicholium-3 as a quantitative marker.J Neurochem. 1993; 60: 1191-1201
- A cholinergic-adrenergic hypothesis in mania and depression.Lancet. 1972; ii: 632-635
- The neurochemistry of mania: A hypothesis of etiology and a rationale for treatment.Prog Neuro-Psychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 1990; 14: 423-429
- Choline administration elevates brain phosphorylcholine concentrations.J Neurochem. 1982; 38: 1748-1752
- Lithium and brain choline levels.N Engl J Med. 1979; 300: 196-197
- Lithium administration potentiates the effect of exogenous choline on brain acetylcholine levels.in: Wurtman RJ Growdon JH Barbeau A Uses of choline and lecithin in neurologic and psychiatric diseases. Nutrition and the Brain. vol 3. Raven Press, Dordrecht1979: 417-424
- Antigen-induced biphasic diacylglycerol formation in RBL-2H3 cells: The late sustained phase due to phosphatidylcholine hydrolysis is dependent on protein kinase C.Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1991; 177: 336-342
- Proton MRS of the basal ganglia in major depression.in: Abstracts of the Society of Biological Psychiatry Annual Meeting. Elsevier, New York1994: 685
- Approaches to the evaluation and treatment of rapid-cycling affective illness.Br J Psychiatry. 1984; 145: 543-550
- The role of a phosphatidylcholine-specific phospholipase C in the production of diacylglycerol for nitric oxide synthesis in macrophages activated by IFN-gamma and LPS.Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994; 199: 461-466
- Mania responsive to lecithin in a 13-yearold girl.Am J Psychiatry. 1982; 139: 108-110
- Erythrocyte choline concentrations in psychiatric disorders.Biol Psychiatry. 1991; 29: 309-321
Stoll AL, Renshaw PF, De Micheli E, Wurtman R, Pillay SS, Cohen BM (in press): Choline ingestion increases the resonance of choline-containing compounds in human brain: An in vivo proton magnetic resonance study. Biol Psychiatry.
- Effects of a novel thyrotropin-releasing hormone analogue, JTP-2942, on extracellular acetylcholine and choline levels in the rat frontal cortex and hippocampus.Eur J Pharmacol. 1993; 233: 21-28
- Choline phospholipids: Signal transduction and carcinogenesis.FASEB J. 1993; 7: 551-557
This research was supported in part by NARSAD Young Investigator Awards (ALS, PFR), and the Theodore and Vada Stanley Foundation (PFR).