Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. American Psychological Association Press, New York1987 revised 3rd edition.
- Comparison of the lay Diagnostic Interview Schedule and a standardized psychiatric diagnosis: Experience in eastern Baltimore.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1985; 42: 667-675
- Prevalence of sleep disorders in the Los Angeles metropolitan area.Am J Psychiatry. 1979; 136: 1257-1262
- Nicotine dependence, major depression, and anxiety in young adults.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1991; 48: 1069-1074
- Nicotine dependence and major depression: New evidence from a prospective investigation.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1993; 150: 941-946
- Affective symptoms associated with the onset of major depression in the community: Findings from the US NIMH Epidemiologic Catchment Area Program.Acta Psychiatr Scand. 1991; 84: 1-5
- The design of the ECA surveys: The control and measurement of error.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1984; 41: 942-948
- Eaton WW Kessler LG Epidemiologic Field Methods in Psychiatry: The NIMH Epidemiologic Catchment Area Program. Academic Press, Washington, DC1985
- The incidence of specific DIS/DSM-III mental disorders: Data from the NIMH Epidemiologic Catchment Area Program.Acta Psychiatr Scand. 1989; 79: 163-178
- Epidemiologic study of disturbances and psychiatric disorders: An opportunity for prevention.JAMA. 1989; 262: 1479-1484
- Sleep in America.The Gallup Organization, Orlando, FL1991
- The predictive validity of lay diagnostic interview schedule diagnoses in the general population: A comparison with physician examiners.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1987; 44: 1069-1077
- Applied Logistic Regression.John Wiley & Sons, Princeton, NJ1989
- Prevalence of sleep disturbance in a primarily urban Florida county.Soc Sci Med. 1976; 10: 239-244
- Lifetime and 12-month prevalence of DSM-III-R psychiatric disorders in the United States.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1994; 51: 8-19
- Does sleep disturbance predict depression in elderly people?.Br J Gen Pract. 1993; 43: 445-448
- Insomnia and its treatment: Prevalence and correlates.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1985; 42: 225-232
- The NIMH Epidemiologic Catchment Area (ECA) program; historical context, major objectives, and study population characteristics.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1984; 41: 934-941
- National Institute of Mental Health Diagnostic Interview Schedule: Its history, characteristics, and validity.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1981; 38: 381-389
- (revised)NIMH Diagnostic Interview Schedule, Version III.Washington University, New York1989
- Reevaluation of secular trends in depression rates.Am J Epidemiol. 1993; 135: 1411-1422
- Insomnia in adult psychiatric disorders.in: Kryger MH Roth T Dement WC Principles and Practice of Sleep Medicine. second edition. WB Saunders, St. Louis, MO1994: 500-508
- Medical causes of insomnia.in: Kryger MH Roth T Dement WC Principles and Practice of Sleep Medicine. second edition. WB Saunders, Philadelphia1994: 509-522
This research was supported by grant MH-48802, a Research Scientist Development Award MH-00380 (Dr. Breslau), and a Scientist Development Award for Clinicians MH-00860 (Dr. Rosenthal).