This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorder. American Psychiatric Association, Chicago1993 4th ed.
- Antinociception and cardiovascular responses produced by electrical stimulation in the nucleus tractus solitarius, nucleus reticularis vantralis, and the caudal medulla.Pain. 1990; 42: 103-119
- Nociceptive, but not tactile, thresholds are elevated in bulimia nervosa.Biol Psychiatry. 1992; 32: 462-466
- Cephalic reflexes: their role in digestion and possible roles in absorption and metabolism.J Nutr. 1987; 117: 1191-1196
- Role of endogenous cholecystokinin on vagally stimulated pancreatic secretion in dogs.Am J Physiol. 1989; 257 (Gastrointest Liver Physiol 20): G944-G949
- Pain sensitivity in anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa.Biol Psychiatry. 1991; 29: 1073-1078
- Pain sensitivity and obesity.Psychiatry Res. 1983; 8: 119-125
- Relationship between pain and obesity: An electrophysiological study.Physiol Behav. 1981; 27: 961-964
- Bulimia: A report of 34 cases.J Clin Psychiatry. 1981; 42: 60-64
- Electrical stimulation of cervical vagal afferents. I. Central relays for modulation of spinal nociceptive transmission.J Neurophysiol. 1990; 64: 1098-1114
- Gastric control of food intake.J Psychosom Res. 1988; 32: 593-606
- Obesity and pain.Clin Nutr. 1983; 37C: 307-310
- Pain sensitivity in obesity.Acta Physiol Pol. 1988; 39: 183-187
Received in revised form: July 22, 1994
Received: March 21, 1994
This project was supported by NIMH Grant Number MH49385, Division of Neuroscience Research Contribution Number 116.
© 1995 Society of Biological Psychiatry. Published by Elsevier Inc.