This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- An evaluation of ten pairwise multiple comparison procedures by monte carlo methods.J Am Stat Assoc. 1973; 68: 66-74
- Analysis of variance: The basic designs.Nelson-Hall, Washington DC1987
- Significance tests and the duplicity of binary decisions.Psychol Bull. 1989; 106: 155-160
- The influence of L-triiodothyronine (T3) on the effects of repeated administration of desipramine or electroconvulsive shock on α2- and β-adrenoceptor function in the brain of the rat: Implications for the potentiation of antidepressant therapy by T3.Neuropharmacology. 1987; 26: 1131-1139
- The effects of acute and repeated administration of T3 to mice on 5-HT1 and 5-HT2 functions in the brain and its influence on the actions of repeated electro-convulsive shock.Neuropharmacology. 1988; 27: 1239-1248
- Pharmacological treatment of the cognitive side effects of ECT: A review.Psychopharmacol Bull. 1992; 28: 409-424
- Proactive and retroactive effects of repeated electroconvulsive shock on passive avoidance retention in rats.Physiol Behav. 1986; 36: 471-475
- Effects of electroconvulsive shock and grid shock on open field behavior.J Comp Physiol Psychol. 1966; 62: 102-107
- Augmentation strategies in electroconvulsive therapy: A synthesis.Convulsive Ther. 1993; 9: 331-351
- Antidepressant and memory effects of combined thyroid hormone treatment and electroconvulsive therapy: Preliminary findings.Biol Psychiatry. 1991; 30: 623-627
- Combined use of thyroid hormone and ECT.Convulsive Ther. 1993; 9: 285-292
- Statistical significance, power, and effect size: A response to the reexamination of reviewer bias.J Counsel Psychol. 1983; 30: 459-463
Received in revised form: June 6, 1994
Received: June 7, 1993
Funded in part by NIH grants MH 48578, MH 33127, and MH 22536; and by a grant from the University Research Council of the University of North Carolina.
© 1995 Society of Biological Psychiatry. Published by Elsevier Inc.