This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Rat brain serotonin: biochemical and functional evidence for a sex difference.J Neural Transm. 1985; 63: 297-313
- Serotonin function in obsessive-compulsive disorder: A comparison of the effects of tryptophan and m-chlorophenylpiperazine in patients and healthy subjects.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1988; 45: 177-185
- Characteristics of 60 adult chronic hair pullers.Am J Psychiatry. 1991; 148: 365-370
- A placebo-controlled, double-blind crossover study of fluoxetine in trichotillomania.Am J Psychiatry. 1991; 148: 1566-1571
- Effects of chronic fluoxetine treatment on behavioral and neuroendocrine response to meta-chlorophenylpiperazine in obsessive-compulsive disorder.Psychiatry Res. 1991; 36: 1-17
- Serotonergic function in obsessive compulsive disorder: Behavioral and neuroendocrine responses to oral m-CPP and fenfluramine in patients and healthy volunteers.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1992; 49: 21-28
- A pilot study of biological predictors of treatment outcome in obsessive-compulsive disorder.Biological Psychiatry. 1993; 33: 747-749
- Hollander E Obsessive-Compulsive Related Disorders. American Psychiatric Press, Budapest, Hungary Academy of Science Publications1993
- Serotonergic sensitivity in borderline personality disorder: Preliminary findings.Am J Psychiatry. 1994; 151: 277-280
- Obsessive-compulsive and related disorders: A hidden epidemic.New Engl J Med. 1989; 321: 539-541
- The effect of ovarian steroids on hypothalamic 5-hydroxytryptamine neuronal activity.Neuroendocrinology. 1978; 26: 270-276
- A comparison of the behavioral effects of oral versus intravenous mCPP administration in OCD patients and the effect of metergoline prior to iv mcpp.Biol Psychiatry. 1992; 33: 3-14
- Clomipramine treatment of trichotillomania: a follow-up report on four cases.J Clin Psychiatry. 1991; 52: 128-130
- Neuropsychological test performance in trichotillomania: A further link with obsessive-compulsive disorder.J Anxiety Disord. 1991; 5: 225-235
- The spectrum of obsessive-compulsive related disorders.in: Hollander E Obsessive-Compulsive Related Disorders. American Psychiatric Press, Washington DC1993
- Pharmacological Challenges in Trichotillomania.in: Presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Psychiatric Association, 19941994
- A double-blind comparison of clomipramine and desipramine in the treatment of trichotillomania (hair pulling).N Engl M Med. 1989; 321: 497-501
- Regional cerebral glucose metabolism of women with trichotillomania.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1991; 48: 828-833
- Clomipramine treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder, I: a controlled clinical trial.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1980; 37: 1281-1285
- Obsessive-Compulsive disorder: Psychobiological approaches to diagnosis, treatment, and pathophysiology.Biol Psychiatry. 1987; 22: 667-687
- Serotonergic responsivity in obsessive-compulsive disorder: Comparison of patients and healthy controls.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1987; 44: 946-951
Received in revised form: June 24, 1994
Received: January 3, 1994
Supported by a Research Scientist Development Award (MH-00750) (Dr. Hollander) and a NARSAD Young Investigator Award (Dr. Stein).
© 1995 Society of Biological Psychiatry. Published by Elsevier Inc.