This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. American Psychiatric Press, Washington, DC1980: 111-112 3rd Ed.
- The opiomelanocortin peptide family: Neuronal expression and modulation of neural cellular development and regeneration in the central nervous system.Comp Bioch Physiol. 1989; 93: 267-272
- The effects of Org 2766 on mild senile organic brain syndrome. Unpublished results cited by Pigache RM, Rigter H (1980): Effects of peptides related to ACTH on mood and vigilance in man.in: Frontier of Hormone Research. Vol. 6. Karger, Zurich1980
- Unpublished results cited by Pigache RM, Rigter H.in: Frontier of Hormone Research. Vol. 6. Karger, Zurich1980
- Evaluating storage, retention, and retrieval in disordered memory and learning.Neurology. 1974; 24: 1019-1025
- Neuropeptide effects on cognition in the elderly.in: Poon L. Aging in the 1980's: Selected Contemporary Issues in the Psychology of Aging. American Psychological Association, Washington, DC1980
- “Mini-mental state.” A practical method for grading the cognitive state of patients for the clinician.J Psychiatr Res. 1975; 12: 189-198
- Some effects of an ACTH 4–9 analog (Org 2766) on human performance.Physiol Behav. 1979; 23: 79-84
- The influence of peptides derived from corticotrophin on performance. Structure-activity studies.Progr Brain Res. 1973; 39: 429-442
- Therapeutic strategies in promoting peripheral nerve regeneration.Muscle and Nerve. 1989; 12: 314-322
- A comparison of assessment techniques measuring the effects of methylphenidate, secobarbital, diazepam and diphenhydramine in abstinent alcoholics.Neuropsychobiology. 1988; 19: 90-96
- The action of sedatives on brain stem oculomotor systems in man.Neuropharmacology. 1971; 10: 181-191
- Efficacy of an ACTH 4–9 analog, relative to that of a standard drug (d-amphetamine) for blocking the “vigilance decrement” in men.Report to Organon International. 1978; (October 1978)
- Effects of peptides related to ACTH on mood and vigilance in man.in: Frontier of Hormone Research. Vol. 6. Karger, Zurich1980
- The Global Deterioration Scale (GDS): An instrument for the assessment of primary degenerative dementia (PDD).Am J Psychiatry. 1982; 139: 1136-1139
- A new rating scale for Alzheimer's disease.Am J Psychiatry. 1984; 141: 1356-1364
- Psychological deficit in schizophrenia.Behavioral Science. 1963; 8: 275-305
- The Worcester State Hospital research on schizophrenia (1927–1946).Journal of Abnormal Psychology. 1972; 80: 67-110
- ACTH modulation of nerve development and regeneration.Prog Neurobiol. 1989; 33: 45-85
- Assessments of drug effects on human memory functions.in: Squire L.R. Butters N. The Neuropsychology of Memory. Guildford Press, New York1984: 213-223
- Dual task assessment of attentional capacities in aging and dementia.in: Gaitz C.M. Schoolar J.C. Rabinowitz H. Aging 2000: Our Health Care Destiny. Springer Publishing Co, New York1985
- A new approach for the evaluation of recovery after peripheral nerve damage.J Neurosci Methods. 1988; 26: 111-116
- Frontier of Hormone Research. Vol. 6. Karger, Zurich1980 (Unpublished results cited by Pigache RM, Rigter H) Effects of peptides related to ACTH on mood and vigilance in man.
Received in revised form: December 3, 1992
Received: June 22, 1992
© 1993 Published by Elsevier Inc.