This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Thyroid hormones and the central nervous system in affective illness: Interactions that may have clinical significance.Integ Psychiatry. 1988; 6: 75-92
- The hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis in psychiatric patients and healthy subjects: Parts 1–4.Psychiatry Res. 1988; 24: 271-332
- Chronic desipramine treatment enhances thyroxine deiodination in rat brain.Psychiatry Res. 1990; 34: 217-220
- Iodothyronine homeostatis in brain during hypo- and hyper-thyroidism.Am J Physiol. 1983; 245: E185-E193
- Grades of thyroid failure in 100 depressed and anergic psychiatric inpatients.Am J Psychiatry. 1981; 138: 253-255
- The effect of tricyclic antidepressants on basal thyroid hormone levels in depressed patients.Pharmacopsychiatry. 1990; 23: 67-69
- Thyroid function and affective illness: A reappraisal.Biol Psychiatry. 1984; 19: 1685-1691
- Decreased trioodothyronines in depression: A preliminary report.Biol Psychiatry. 1985; 20: 922-925
- The TRH-induced TSH response in psychiatric patients: a possible neuroendocrine marker.Psychoneuroendocrinology. 1985; 10: 237-260
- Effects of maternal hypothyroidism on the weight and thyroid hormone content of rat embryonic tissues.Endocrinology. 1985; 117: 1890-1990
- Effects of chronic amitriptyline and desipramine on food intake and body weight in rats.Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 1987; 27: 105-112
- Outer ring iodothyronine deiodinases and thyroid hormone economy: Responses to iodine deficiency in the rat fetus and neonate.Endocrinology. 1991; 129: 2663-2673
Received in revised form: October 9, 1992
Received: May 4, 1992
© 1993 Published by Elsevier Inc.