This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Thyroid dysfunction in adults over age 55 years: a study in an urban US commmunity.Arch Intern Med. 1990; 150: 785-787
- The DST in a large outpatient clinic: Its diagnostic and predictive significance.Psychopharmacol Bull. 1984; 20: 89-92
- Grades of thyroid failure in 100 depressed and anergic patients.Am J Psychiatry. 1981; 138: 253-255
- Hypothyroidism and depression: Evidence from complete thyroid function evaluation.JAMA. 1981; 245: 1919-1922
- The value of serum antimicrosomal antibody testing in screening for symptomatic postpartum thyroid dysfunction.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1988; 159: 203-209
- Applied Logistic Regression.Wiley, New York1989
- Judginf inference adequacy in logistic regression.J Am Stat Assoc. 1986; 81: 471-476
- Racial and ethnic factors in psychiatric research.Hosp Commun Psychiatry. 1986; 37: 50-54
- The use of race in medical research.JAMA. 1992; 267: 275-279
- Neuroendocrine aspects of primary endogenous depression I. Cortisol secretory dynamics in patients and matched controls.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1987; 44: 328-336
- Neuroendocrine aspects of primary endogenous depression IV. Pituitary-thyroid axis activity in patients and matched control subjects.Psychoneuroendocrinology. 1987; 12: 333-347
- Neuroendocrine aspects of primary endogenous depression VII. Logistic regression analysis of matched patient-control hormone data for discrimination between groups.J Psychiatr Res. 1988; 22: 297-307
- Yield of hypothyroidism in symptomatic primary cane patients.Arch Intern Med. 1989; 149: 861-864
- Report of an association between race and thyroid stimulating hormone level.Am J Public Health. 1991; 81: 505-506
- Case-Control Studies.Oxford University Press, New York1982
- Psychopharmacologic considerations in the treatment of Black American populations.Psychopharmacol Bull. 1991; 27: 441-448
Received in revised form: August 13, 1993
Received: July 17, 1992
☆Supported by NIMH grant MH28380 and Research Scientist Award MH47363 (to RTR), and by NIH Clinical Research Center grant RR00425 to the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. Joseph F. Lucke, Ph.D. and Noel Wheeler, Ph.D. provided expert statistical consultation.
© 1993 Published by Elsevier Inc.