This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- An autoradiographic examination of corticocortical and subcortical projections of the mediodorsal-projection (prefrontal) cortex in the rat.J Comp Neurol. 1979; 184: 43-62
- Nondopaminergic prefrontocortical efferent fibers modulate DI receptor denervation supersensitivity in specific regions of the rat striatum.J Neurosci. 1989; 9: 3699-3708
- Glutamate evoked release of endogenous brain dopamine: Inhibition by an excitatory amino acid antagonist and an enkephalin analogue.Br J Pharmacol. 1987; 90: 641-650
- Effect of injections of 6-OHDA into either nucleus accumbens septi or frontal cortex on spontaneous and drug induced activity.Neuropharmacology. 1983; 22: 1141-1145
- The dopamine hypothesis of schizophrenia.in: Meltzer H.Y. Psychopharmacology: The Third Generation of Progress. Raven, New York1988: 715-726
- Opposite influences of dopaminergic pathways to the prefrontal cortex or the septum on the dopaminergic transmission in the nucleus accumbens. An in vivo voltammetric study.Neuroscience. 1989; 29: 45-56
- (−)Sulpiride activates the firing rate and tyrosine hydroxylase activity of dopaminergic neurons in unanesthetized rats.Brain Res. 1983; 264: 105-109
- The Rat Brain in Stereotactic Coordinates.Academic, Orlando, FL1986
- Effect of lesion of cortical dopamine terminals on subcortical dopamine receptors in rats.Nature. 1980; 286: 74-77
- Topographical organization of the efferent projections of the medical prefrontal cortex in the rat: An anterograde tract-tracing study with Phaseolus vulgaris leucougglutinin.J Comp Neurol. 1989; 290: 213-242
- Regional concentrations of noradrenaline and dopamine in the frontal cortex of the rat: Dopaminergic innervation of the prefrontal subareas and lateralization of prefrontal dopamine.Brain Res. 1982; 250: 197-200
- Sex-difference and left-right asymmetries in the prefrontal cortex during postnatal development in the rat.Dev Brain Res. 1984; 12: 146-153
- Excitatory amino acid neurotransmittrs in the corticostriate pathway: Studies using intracerebral microdialysis in vivo.J Neurochem. 1986; 47: 1399-1404
- Effect of neuroleptic drugs on striatal dopamine release and metabolism in the awake rat studied by intracerebral dialysis.Eur J Pharmacol. 1985; 106: 27-37
Received in revised form: July 10, 1990
Received: August 12, 1989
© 1991 Published by Elsevier Inc.