This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Serotonergic split brain and suicide.Psychiatry Res. 1987; 21: 355-356
- 3H-Imipramine binding in the frontal cortex of suicides.Psychiatry Res. 1989; 30: 125-135
- Serotonergic measures in the brain of suicide victims: 5HT2 Binding sites in the frontal cortex of suicide victims and control subjects.Am J Psychiatry. 1989; 146: 730-736
- Meltzer H.Y. Psychopharmacology: The Third Generation of Progress. Raven Press, New York1987: 655-668
- Neurotransmitter receptors and monoamine metabolites in the brains of patients with Alzheimer-type dementia and depression, and suicides.Neuropharmacology. 1984; 12B: 1561-1569
- 5-HT receptor subtypes in depression.in: Bevan P. Cools A.R. Archer T. Behavioral Pharmacology of 5-HT. Lawrence Erlbaum, Hillside, NJ1989: 179-204
- Observations, reflections and speculations on the cerebral determinants of mood and on the bilaterally asymmetrical distribution of the major neurotransmitter systems.in: Dewhurst W.G. Baker G.B. Pharmacotherapy of Affective Disorders: Theory and Practice. Croom Heim, London and Sydney1985: 151-184
- EEG studies in depression, mania and normals: Evidence for partial shifts of laterality in the affective disorders.Adv Biol Psychiatry. 1980; 4: 21-43
- Lateralization of 3H-IMI binding in human frontal cortex.Biol Psychiatry. 1990; 27: 72
- Asymmetry and mood, emergent properties of serotonin regulation. A proposed mechanism of action of lithium.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1979; 36: 909-916
- Increased serotonin-2 and B-adrenergic receptor binding in the frontal cortices of suicide victims.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1986; 43: 954-959
- Evidence for the 5-HT hypothesis of suicide. A review of postmortem studies.Br J Psychiatry. 1989; 155: 7-14
- Human brain receptor alterations in suicide victims.Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 1982; 17: 159-163
- Serotonergic mechanisms in brains of suicide victims.Brain Res. 1986; 362: 185-188
- Elevated density of 3H-imipramine binding in aged human brain.J Neurochem. 1985; 45: 1382-1389
- Increased serotonin-2 binding sites in frontal cortex of suicide victims.Lancet. 1983; 1: 214-216
- Tritiated imipramine binding sites are decreased in the frontal cortex of suicide victims.Science. 1982; 216: 1337-1339
- Is there a correlation between serotonin metabolism and 3H-imipramine binding in the human brain? Hemispheric lateralization of imipramine binding sites.Pharmacol Res Comm. 1988; 20: 41-42
Received in revised form: August 9, 1990
Received: December 14, 1989
© 1991 Published by Elsevier Inc.