This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Conditioned fear as revealed by magnitude of startle response to auditory stimulus.J Exp Psychol. 1951; 41: 317-328
- Conditioned fear and startle magnitude: Effects of different footshock or backshock intensities used in training.J Exp Psychol Anim Behav Processes. 1978; 4: 95-103
- Noradrenergic agonists and antagonists: Effect on conditioned fear as measured by the Potentiated Startle Paradigm.Psychopharmacology. 1979; 65: 111-118
- The ontogeny of anxiety.Psychoanal Rev. 1941; 28: 78-85
- The Startle Pattern.Farrar and Rinehart, New York1939
- The Meaning of Anxiety: Anxiety Interpreted Biologically.in: Ronald Press, New York1950: 46-85
- Behavioural measurement of conditioned fear.in: Brush F.R. Aversive Conditioned Learning. Academic, New York1971: 105-179
Received in revised form: July 6, 1990
Received: December 6, 1989
☆This work was supported by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi, India, grant No. 5/3-5(3)/87 BMS II 8700600.
© 1991 Published by Elsevier Inc.