This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Inhibition of synaptosomal 5-(3H)hydroxytryptamine uptake by endogenous factor(s) in human blood.FEBS Lett. 1984; 171: 280
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. APA, Washington, DC1980 ed 3.
- Modulation of neuronal serotonin uptake by a putative endogenous ligand of imipramine recognition sites.in: Proc Nat Acad Sci USA. 16. 1983: 5134
- High pressure liquid chromatography microassay for platelet serotonin.Thrombostas Haemostas (Stuttgart). 1984; 51: 131
- Abnormalities of indole amines in affective disorders.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1972; 26: 474-478
- Platelet 5-hydroxytryptamine accumulation in depressive illness.Clin Chim Acta. 1978; 87: 165-168
- Whole blood 5-hydroxytryptamine during treatment of endogenous depressive illness.Br J Psychiany. 1973; 122: 597-598
- A Rating Scale for Depression.J Neurol Neuroxurg Psychiatry. 1960; 23: 56-62
- Serum 5-hydroxytryptamine level in mania depressive illness.Fukhusima J Med Sci. 1975; 21: 1-9
- Reduced platelet serotonin in depression.Psychiatry Res. 1984; 13: 129-139
- Blood platelets as a model system for studying the biochemistry of depression.in: Usdin E Åsberg M Bertisson L Frontiers in Biochemical and Pharmacological Research in Depression: Advances in Biochemical Psychopharmacology. vol 39. Raven Press, New York1984: 99-111
- Serotonin uptake in blood platelets as a biological marker for major depressive disorders.in: Usdin E Biological Markers in Psychiatry and Neurology. Pergamon Press, New York1982: 39-48
- Experimental artefacts and the analysis of ligand binding data: result of a computer simulation.J Recept Res. 1983; 3: 249-259
- High affinity binding of antidepressants to biogenic amine transport sites in human brain and platelet: Studies in depression.in: Post RM Ballenger JC Neurobiology of Mood Disorders. Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore1984: 846-853
- Platelets as models for monoaminergic neurons.in: Essays in Neurochemistry and Neuropharmacology. vol. 3. John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, NY1978: 50-101
- Physostigmine effects on serotonin uptake in human blood platelets.Eur J Pharmacol. 1985; 109: 91
- A kinetic analysis and replication of decreased platelet serotonin uptake m depressed patients.Psychiatry Res. 1986; 19: 105-112
- Tryptamine, a substrate for serotonin transporter in human platelets, modifies the dissociation kinetics of (3H)imipramine binding: Possible allosteric interaction.J Neurochem. 1985; 44: 349-365
- Blood platelets as a model for monoamine-containing neurosis.in: Progress in Neurobiology. vol 1. Pergamon Press, Oxford1973 (Part 2)
- Decreased uptake of 5-hydroxy-tryptamine in blood platelets from depressed patients.Nature. 1976; 262: 596-598
Received in revised form: September 15, 1987
Received: January 28, 1987
© 1988 Published by Elsevier Inc.