This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Postnatal lead exposure and the cholinergic system.Physiol Behav. 1985; 34: 449
- Aluminum intoxication.N Engl J Med. 1984; 310: 1113
- The dialysis encephalopathy syndrome—Possible aluminum intoxication.N Engl J Med. 1976; 294: 184
- The effects of organic and inorganic lead and mercury on neurotransmitter high-affinity transport and release mechanisms.Environ Res. 1979; 19: 102
- Advanced Inorganic Chemistry.in: ed 4. John Wiley, New York1980: 333
- Pathophysiology of “cholinoceptor supersensitivity” in affective disorders.Biol Psychiatry. 1986; 21: 813
- The molecular basis for ion selectivity and its possible bearing on the neurobiology of lithium.Neurosci Res Prog Bull. 1976; 14: 154
- Aluminum impairs glucose utilization and cholinergic activity in rat brain in vitro.Toxicology. 1986; 40: 93
- Choline flux in human erythrocytes.Psychopharmacol Bull. 1984; 4: 674
- The effects of Al3+, Cd2+, and Mn2+ on human erythrocyte choline transport.Biochem Pharmacol. 1983; 32: 3611
- The effects of cadmium, manganese, and aluminum on sodium-potassium-activated and magnesium-activated adenosine triphosphatase activity and choline uptake in rat brain synaptosomes.Biochem Pharmacol. 1980; 29: 141
- Extracellular cations and the movement of choline across the erythrocyte membrane.J Physiol. 1972; 224: 207
- Effects of lithium on choline transport in synaptosomes and human erythrocytes.in: Callingham BA Drugs and Transport Processes. Macmillan, London1974: 347-361
- Effect of transitional metal ions on (Na+ and K+) ATPase activity and the uptake of norepinephrine and choline by brain synaptosomes.Life Sci. 1973; 12: 249
- Organic affective illness associated with lead intoxication.Am J Psychiatry. 1984; 141: 11
- Lithium.in: Side Effects of Drugs Annual. 10. Elsevier Science, New York1986: 27-33
- Interactions of lead and calcium on the synaptosomal uptake of dopamine and choline.Life Sci. 1977; 20: 309
- Pharmacological and neurochemical investigations of lead-induced hyperactivity.Neuropharmacology. 1975; 14: 431
- Lithium prophylaxis inhibits choline transport in post-mortem brain.Lancet. 1986; i: 458
© 1987 Published by Elsevier Inc.