This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. APA, Washington, DC1980 ed 3.
- Habilitation of physiological responses in anxiety.Biol Psychiatry. 1980; 15: 711-721
- Reliability of DSM-III anxiety disorder categories using a new structured interview.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1983; 40: 1070-1074
- Manual for the Eysenck Personality Inventory. Educational and Industrial Testing Service, San Diego1968
- Publication recommendations for electrodermal measurements.Psychophysiology. 1981; 18: 232-239
- The assessment of anxiety states by rating.Br J Med Psychol. 1959; 32: 50-55
- Physiological responses of anxious and normal subjects to simple signal and nonsignal stimuli.Psychophysiology. 1974; 11: 443-451
- Electrodermal habituation and subjective response : Effects of manifest anxiety and autonomic arousal.J Abnorm Psychol. 1975; 84: 46-50
- Attention in hysteria: A study of Janet's hypothesis by means of habituation and arousal measures.Am J Psychiatry. 1980; 137: 217-220
- Palmar skin conductance measures in anxiety and phobic states.J Psychosom Res. 1967; 11: 271-281
- Habituation of the psycho-galvanic skin reflex in patients with anxiety states and in normal subjects.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 1964; 27: 210-218
- Influence of facial expressions on the classical conditioning of fear.J Personal Soc Psychol. 1980; 50: 190-194
- Measurement units in psychophysiology.in: Martin I Venables PH Techniques in Psychophysiology. Wiley, New York1980: 597-628
- Scoring criteria for response latency and habituation in electrodermal research: A critique.Psychophysiology. 1985; 22: 417-426
- Direct measurement of skin conductance: A proposal for standardization.Psychophysiology. 1985; 8: 656-672
- Individual differences in habituation of human physiological responses: A review of theory, method, and findings in the study of personality correlates in nonclinical populations.Biol Psychol. 1977; 5: 257-318
- Individual differences in the orienting response.in: Siddle D Orienting and Habituation: Perspectives in Human Research. John Wiley & Sons, New York1983: 431-448
- Test of the conditioning model of neurosis: Differential aversive conditioning of angry and neutral facial expressions in anxiety disorder patients.J Abnorm Psychol. 1986; 95: 208-213
- Decreased skin conductance response habituation in chronically anxious patients.Biol Psychol. 1975; 2: 309-319
- The orienting response and psychopathology: Anxiety and phobias.in: Siddle D Orienting and Habituation: Perspectives in Human Research. John Wiley & Sons, New York1983: 449-474
- Elicitation and habituation of the orienting response.in: Siddle D Orienting and Habituation: Perspectives in Human Research. John Wiley & Sons, New York1983: 109-182
- Manual for the State-Trait Anxiety Inventory. Consulting Psychologists Press, Palo Alto1970 (selfevaluation questionnaire).
- Electrodermal activity in the affective disorders and schizophrenia.Psychol Med. 1981; 11: 497-508
Received in revised form: October 29, 1986
Received: August 26, 1986
© 1987 Published by Elsevier Inc.