This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Central nervous system manifestation of disordered sodium metabolism.Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1984; 13: 269-294
- Water intoxication in a mental case.Psychiatr Q. 1938; 12: 767-771
- Syndrome of inappropriate secretion of antidiuretic hormone with exacerbated psychosis.Arch Intern Med. 1973; 79: 551-554
- Water intoxication, psychosis and inappropriate secretion of antidiuretic hormone.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1977; 34: 1097-1099
- Antecedents of self-induced water intoxication.J Nerv Ment Dis. 1980; 168: 498-500
- Incidence and morbidity of self-induced water intoxication in state mental hospital patients.Am J Psychiatry. 1979; 136: 221-222
- Psychosis, polydipsia and water-intoxication.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1974; 30: 112-114
- Fatal compulsive water drinking.JAMA. 1978; 240: 2557-2559
- Coma and convulsions due to compulsive water drinking.Neurology. 1969; 19: 1125-1126
- Psychosis and water intoxication.J Clin Psychiatry. 1979; 40: 287-291
- Water intoxication.Arch Intern Med. 1923; 32: 157-174
- Evaluation of patients with self-induced water intoxication and schizophrenic disorders (SIWIS).J Nerv Ment Dis. 1984; 172: 552-555
- Death from self-induced water intoxication among patients with schizophrenic disorders.J Nerv Ment Dis. 1985; 173: 161-165
- Disturbances of thirst and water homeostasis in patients with affective illness.Am J Psychiatry. 1984; 141: 436-437
Received in revised form: October 22, 1986
Received: August 26, 1986
© 1987 Published by Elsevier Inc.