This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Seizure duration in unilateral electroconvulsive therapy.Acta Psychiatr Scand. 1984; 69: 121-128
- Increased anxiogenic effects of caffeine in panic disorders.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1985; 42: 233-243
- EEG-monitored ECT: A comparison of seizure duration under anesthesia with etomidate and thiopentone.Conv Ther. 1986; 2: 145-150
- Disorientation during electroconvulsive therapy.in: Malitz S Sackeim HA Electroconvulsive Therapy: Clinical and Basic Research Issues. Annals NY Academy of Science, New York1986: 293-306
- Unilateral ECT.Acta Psychiatr Scand. 1970; 215 (Suppl): 5-98
- Convulsive Therapy: Theory and Practice.Raven Press, New York1979
- Monitoring the duration of electroconvulsive therapy seizures.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1982; 39: 1189-1191
- Experimental studies of the electroshock process.Dis Nerv Syst. 1958; 19: 113-118
- Ketamine may exacerbate psychiatric illness.Anesthesiology. 1980; 53: 177-178
- Use of caffeine to lengthen seizure in ECT.Am J Psychiatry. 1987; (in press).
- Status epilepticus following electroconvulsive therapy.Mount Sinai J Med. 1986; 53: 119-122
- Caffeine as an anxiogenic agent: Comparison of panic and depressed patients.in: Presented at the Annual Meeting of the Society of Biological Psychiatry, Washington, DC, May 9, 19861986
- An afterdischarge window for ECT?.Biol Psychiatry. 1984; 19: 1143-1148
- Adenosine receptor mediated modulation of seizure threshold in the rat.Clin Neuropharmacol. 1984; 7: 420-421
- Experimental studies on the mode of action of electroconvulsive therapy.Acta Psychiatr Neurol Scand. 1960; 35: 1-141
- Status epilepticus as a complication of concurrent electroconvulsive and theophylline therapy.in: Mayo Clin Proc. 59. 1984: 568-570
- Effect of l-tryptophan on electroconvulsive therapy seizure time.J Nerv Ment Dis. 1985; 175: 636-638
- Dosage, seizure threshold, and the antidepressant efficacy of electroconvulsive therapy.in: Malitz S Sackeim HA Electroconvulsive Therapy: Clinical and Basic Research Issues. Annals of Academy of Science, New York1986: 398-410
- Potentiation of seizure length and clinical response to electroconvulsive therapy by caffeine pretreatment: A case report.Conv Ther. 1985; 1: 58-60
- Behavioral and molecular actions of caffeine: Focus on adenosine.J Psychiatr Res. 1984; 18: 91-106
- The relationship of concurrent benzodiazepines administration to seizure duration in ECT.Acta Psychiatr Scand. 1985; 71: 269-271
- Electroconvulsive therapy with enhancement by pentylenetetrazol.Am J Soc Psychiatry. 1984; 4: 25-27
- The psychiatric use of electrically induced seizures.Am J Psychiatry. 1979; 136: 1507-1517
Received in revised form: November 18, 1986
Received: October 3, 1986
☆Supported in part by NIMH Grants MH30723, MH40159, and MH17632, and the North Carolina United Way.
☆☆Presented in part at the Annual Meeting of the American Psychiatric Association, Washington, D.C., May 14, 1986.
© 1987 Published by Elsevier Inc.