This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Baseline and preinfusion heart rates of 13 panic disorder patients who panicked during a placebo infusion were not significantly different from those of 57 panic disorder patients who did not panic during a placebo infusion. The change in preinfusion heart rates from baseline values also was not significantly different between the two groups.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.ed 3. American Psychiatric Association, Washington, DC1980
- Physiological and psychological measures in anxious patients.Psychol Med. 1974; 4: 364-373
- Anxiety and the effects of sodium lactate assessed clinically and physiologically.Br J Psychiatry. 1971; 119: 129-141
- Lactate provocation of panic attacks: I. Clinical and behavioral findings.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1984; 41: 764-770
- Lactate provocation of panic attacks: II. Biochemical and physiological findings.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1985; 42: 709-719
- The relationship between psychological and physiological measures of anxiety.Psychol Med. 1978; 8: 95-101
- Adrenergic function in patients with panic anxiety.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1984; 41: 771-776
- Lactate metabolism in anxiety neurosis.N Engl J Med. 1967; 277: 1329-1336
- Isoproterenol-induced anxiety states.Psychopharmacol Bull. 1985; 21: 424-427
- A comparison of lactate and isoproterenol anxiety states.Psychopathology. 1984; 17: 74-82
- Research Diagnostic Criteria for a Selected Group of Functional Disorders.3rd ed. New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York1978
- Preinfusion heart rates and laboratory induced panic anxiety.Acta Psychiatr Scand. 1986; (in press).
Received in revised form: August 14, 1986
Received: April 14, 1986
© 1987 Published by Elsevier Inc.