This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Cholinergic-monoamine systems, depression, and panic.Biol Psychiatry. 1986; 21: 571-573
- Pathophysiology of “cholinoceptor supersensitivity” in affective disorders.Biol Psychiatry. 1986; 21: 813-829
- Pharmacologic induction of cholinergic system up-regulation and supersensitivity in affective disorders research.J Clin Psychopharmacol. 1986; 6: 65-74
- Cholinergic hypothesis of depression.Brain Res Rev. 1986; 11: 285-316
- Cholinergic mechanisms in affective disorders: Future directions.Acta Psychiatr Scand. 1986; 74: 312-334
- Stress induces supersensitivity of a cholinergic system in rats.Biol Psychiatry. 1986; 21: 1093-1096
- Altered [3H]quinuclidinyl benzilate binding in the striatum of rats following chronic cholinesterase inhibition with diisopropylflurophosphonate.Mol Pharmacol. 1980; 17: 29-30
- Cholinergic muscarinic receptors in rat cerebral cortex, basal ganglia and cerebellum undergo rapid and reversible changes after acute stress.Neuroscience. 1981; 13: 1353-1357
- Administration of an oranophosphate causes a decrease in muscarinic receptor levels in rat brain.Brain Res. 1974; 174: 354-356
- Stress-induced activation of the hippocampal cholinergic system and the pituitary adrenal axis.Brain Res. 1985; 347: 404-408
- A cholinergic adrenergic hypothesis of mania and depression.Lancet. 1972; ii: 632-635
- Central physostigmine-induced cardiovascular and behavioral changes: Toward an acetylcholine hypothesis of stress.Psychopharmacol Bull. 1983; 19: 675-682
- Effects of physostigmine in pulse, blood pressure and serum epinephrine levels.Am J Psychiatry. 1985; 142: 738-740
- Life events precipitating mania.Br J Psychiatry. 1983; 142: 398-403
- Life events and depressive disorder: II. Events as precipitating factors.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1980; 37: 541-548
- Regulation of muscarinic acetylcholine receptor concentration in cloned neuroblastoma cells.J Neurochem. 1980; 34: 993-999
- Cholinergic activity regulates muscarinic receptors in central nervous system cultures.in: Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 76. 1979: 4141-4145
- Effect of age on fever and acute-phase response of rats to endotoxin and Salmonella typhimurium.Infect Immun. 1985; 47: 106-111
- Behavioral depression produced by an uncontrollable Stressor: Relationship to norepinephrine, dopamine and serotonin levels in various regions of rat brain.Brain Res Rev. 1981; 3: 167-205
Received in revised form: December 4, 1986
Received: August 30, 1986
☆Supported in part by Physician-Scientist Career Development Awared (Muscarinic Receptor Abnormalities in Affective Illness) Grant 5RC 1K11 MH0055031.
© 1987 Published by Elsevier Inc.