This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Polycythemia of stress in psychiatric hospital populations.J Psychosom Res. 1970; 14: 105-108
- Stress polycythosis.Blood. 1952; 8: 282-289
- Comparative doses and costs of antipsychotic medication.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1976; 33: 858-861
- A diagnostic interview. The Schedule for Affective Disorders and Schizophrenia.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1978; 35: 837-849
- Hematologic profile of natural populations: Red cell parameters.Br J Haematol. 1977; 35: 153-160
- Biological differentiation of anxiety, arousal, and stress.in: Mathew RJ The Biology of Anxiety. Burnner/Mazel, New York1982
- Relative polycythemia—The polycythemia of stress.Yale J Biol Med. 1951; 21: 498-505
- Hematocrit and anxiety.J Psychosom Res. 1986; 30: 307-311
- The Brief Psychiatric Rating Scale.Psychol Rep. 1962; 10: 799-812
- Comparative evaluation of Research Diagnostic Criteria for schizophrenia.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1979; 36: 1198-1205
- Background variables and out-patient psychopathology.Psychol Rep. 1971; 28: 303-309
- Benign polycythemia: Gaisbock's syndrome.Arch Intern Med. 1964; 114: 734-740
- Polycythemia of stress in a psychiatric hospital population: Failure to replicate.J Psychosom Res. 1981; 25: 109-110
- STAI Manual. Consulting Psychologist's Press, Palo Alto, CA1970
- Research Diagnostic Criteria for a Selected Group of Functional Disorders.ed 3. Biometrics Research Division, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York1977
- Packed cell volume, hemoglobin, and oxygen saturation in healthy smokers and non-smokers.Thorax. 1983; 38: 785-787
- Erroneous anaemia and polycythemia.Arch Intern Med. 1952; 90: 602-609
Received in revised form: December 5, 1986
Received: November 8, 1986
☆Supported in part by NIMH Grant MH 37462.
© 1987 Published by Elsevier Inc.