This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Naloxone augments electrophysiological signs of selective attention in man.Nature. 1983; 304: 725
- Relationship of sedative-hypnotic response to self-injurious behavior and stereotypy in mentally retarded clients.Am J Ment Def. 1983; 2: 177
- Paradoxical excitment to sedative-hypnotics in mentally retarded clients.Am J Ment Def. 1985; 2: 124
- The biological basis of self injury in the mentally retarded.Anal Intervention Dev Disabil. 1982; 2: 21
- A teacher rating scale for use in drug studies.Am J Psychiatry. 1969; 126: 884
- Effects of naloxone on self-injurious behavior: A case study.Appl Res Ment Retard. 1983; 4: 1
- Naloxone enhancement of memory processes. Effects of other opiates antagonists.Behav Neural Biol. 1982; 35: 375
- Opiate antagonists improve memory.Science. 1983; 221: 975
- Endorphin activity in childhood psychosis.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1985; 42: 780
- Self-mutilation in schizophrenic children.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1967; 17: 234
- Naloxone-induced reversal of schizophrenic hallu cinations.J Neural Transm. 1977; 40: 13
- Memory facilitation by naloxone is due to release of dopaminergic and beta-adrenergic systems from tonic inhibition.Psychopharmacology. 1980; 67: 265
- An analysis of the variables related to self-injurious behavior among institutionalized retarded persons.J Ment Def Res. 1978; 22: 27
- Self-mutilation in the mentally subnormal.J Psychol Res Ment Subnorm. 1974; 1: 25
- Naloxone and self-mutilation.Biol Psychiatry. 1983; 18: 99
- Severe self-injurious behavior: The problem of clinical control.J Consult Clin Psychol. 1975; 43: 730
- The influence of fragments of the LPH chains on learning, memory and attention in animals and man.Pharmacol Ther. 1981; 13: 39
- Age differences in P300 and its relationship to activity in the elderly.Psychophysiology. 1983; 20: 467
- Naloxone attenuates self-abusive behavior in developmentally disabled clients.Appl Res Ment Retard. 1983; 4: 5
- Plasma β-endorphin levels in patients with self-injurious and Stereotypic behavior.in: Final report. Stallone Foundation, 1986
- Naloxone abolished self-injuring in a mentally retarded child.Ann Neurol. 1985; 17: 520
- Prevalence of self-injurious behavior in a large state facility for the retarded. A three-year follow-up study.J Aut Child Schizophren. 1978; 8: 261
- Self-mutilative behavior in verbal and non-verbal schizophrenic children.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1968; 19: 453
- Some characteristics of mental defective displaying self-mutilative behaviors.Train Bull. 1971; 68: 131
- The State-Trait Anxiety Inventory.Consulting Psychologists Press, Palo Alto1970
- Memory scanning: Mental processes revealed by reaction time experiments.Am Sci. 1969; 57: 421
Received in revised form: December 5, 1986
Received: September 15, 1986
☆Supported in part by the Stallone Foundation.
© 1987 Published by Elsevier Inc.