This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Endogenous modulation of monoamine oxidase in schizophrenic and normal humans.Am J Psychiatry. 1982; 139: 1567-1570
- Endogenous inhibitors of monoamine oxidase present in human cerebrospinal fluid.Science. 1983; 221: 476-478
- Enhanced 5-hydroxytryptamine-mediated behavioural responses in rats following repeated electroconvulsive shock: Relevance of the mechanism of the antidepressive effect of electroconvulsive therapy.Psychopharmacology. 1979; 61: 167-170
- Neuroendocrine aspects of convulsive therapy.in: Abrams R Essman WB Electroconvulsive Therapy. Spectrum, New York1982: 187-199
- Purification of endogenous modulators of monoamine oxidase from plasma.Biochem Pharmacol. 1984; 33: 3929-3932
- Clinical chemistry of monoamine oxidase.Cell Biochem Funct. 1986; 4: 89-97
- Effects of ECT on sleep and CSF biogenic amines in affective illness.Psychiatry Res. 1985; 16: 199-206
- Electroconvulsive shock increases endogenous monoamine oxidase inhibitor activity in brain and cerebrospinal fluid.Neurosci Lett. 1986; 66: 257-262
- Platelet MAO-B activity in anxiety and depression.Biol Psychiatry. 1986; 21: 847-849
- Effects of antidepressant treatments on dopamine turnover in depressed patients.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1983; 40: 1015-1017
- Electroconvulsive treatment and lithium carbonate. Their effects on norepinephrine metabolism in patients with primary, major depressions.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1983; 40: 677-680
- Five antidepressant treatments in depressed patients. Effects on urinary serotonin and 5-hydroxyindole-acetic acid output.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1984; 41: 688-692
- Use and misuse of electroconvulsive treatment.Biol Psychiatry. 1985; 20: 933-946
- Increased monoamine oxidase activity following repeated electroshock seizures.J Neurochem. 1972; 19: 891-893
- Anticonvulsant and antidepressant properties of electroconvulsive therapy: A proposed mechanism of action.Biol Psychiatry. 1983; 18: 1301-1310
- Monoamine oxidase in platelets and brains of non-psychiatric and non-neurological geriatric patients.Med Biol. 1979; 57: 129-132
- A sensitive and specific assay for the estimation of monoamine oxidase.Biochem Pharmacol. 1963; 12: 1439-1440
Received in revised form: February 27, 1987
Received: January 16, 1987We wish to thank Jerry Colliver and Paul Kolm, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Department of Statistics and Measurements, for statistical evaluation of data.
© 1987 Published by Elsevier Inc.