This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Urinary excretion of nortriptyline and five of its metabolites after single and multiple oral doses.Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 1973; 5: 174-180
- Sterospecific hydroxylation of nortriptyline in man in relation to interindividual difference in its steady-state plasma level.Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 1972; 4: 201-205
- Pronounced inhibition of noradrenaline uptake by 10-hydroxy metabolites of nortriptyline.Life Sci. 1979; 25: 1285-1292
- Disposition of single oral doses of E-10-hydroxynortriptyline in healthy subjects, with some observations on pharmacodynamic effects.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1986; 40: 261-267
- Prediction of creatinine clearance from serum creatinine.Nephron. 1976; 16: 31-41
- The pharmacokinetics of nortriptyline in patients with chronic renal failure.Br J Clin Pharmacol. 1981; 12: 39-45
- Nortriptyline metabolism in chronic renal failure: Metabolite elimination.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1982; 32: 322-329
- Amitriptyline metabolism in relation to antidepressive effect.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1984; 35: 467-473
- Comparative efficacy and safety of MAOIs versus TCAs in treating depression in the elderly.Biol Psychiatry. 1986; 21: 1155-1166
- Altered hydroxydesipramine concentrations in elderly depressed patients.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1982; 31: 51-55
- Electrocardiogram changes and therapeutic desipramine and 2-hydroxydesipramine concentrations in elderly depressives.Br J Psychiatry. 1986; 148: 676-679
- Tricyclic antidepressant and metabolite levels in chronic renal failure.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1985; 37: 301-307
- E- and Z-10-hydroxylation of nortriptyline: Relationship to polymorphic debrisoquine hydroxylation.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1981; 30: 189-193
- Clinical and biochemical effects during treatment of depression with nortriptyline: The role of 10-hydroxynortriptyline.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1987; (submitted).
- Prediction of therapeutic nortriptyline dosage regimes and related plasma concentration of hydrolated metabolites in geriatric depressives.Society for Neuroscience, Abstracts. 1983; vol 9 (part 1, 126.3): 428
- Active metabolites of antidepressants: Pharmacodynamics and relevant pharmacokinetics.in: Usdin E Frontiers in Biochemical and Pharmacological Research in Depression. Raven Press, New York1984: 373-390
- Kidney function and drug action.N Engl J Med. 1985; 313: 816-817
- Comparison of imipramine and nortriptyline induced orthostatic hypotension: A meaningful difference.J Clin Psychopharmacol. 1981; 1: 316-321
- The effect of age on creatinine clearance in men: A cross-sectional and longitudinal study.J Gerontol. 1976; 31: 155-163
- Metabolism of amitriptyline in patients with chronic renal failure.Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 1984; 26: 227-232
- Simultaneous determination of amitriptyline, nortriptyline and their respective isomeric 10-hydroxy metabolites in plasma by liquid chromatography.J Chromatogr. 1982; 230: 391-400
- Drug metabolism in renal failure: Pharmacokinetics and clinical implications.Clin Pharmacokinet. 1981; 6: 329-345
- Plasma 10-hydroxynortriptyline in elderly depressives.in: Abstracts, Annual Meeting, Society for Neuroscience. 1982
- Plasma 10-hydroxynortriptyline in elderly depressed patients.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1984; 35: 540-544
- Heart failure associated with high plasma 10-hydroxynortriptyline levels.Am J Psychiatry. 1984; 141: 432-433
- Plasma 10-hydroxynortriptyline and ECG changes in elderly depressives.Am J Psychiatry. 1985; 142: 866-868
- 10-hydroxynortriptyline inhibits efficacy in the elderly?.in: New Research Program, Annual Meeting, American Psychiatric Association. 1987
Received in revised form: March 24, 1987
Received: January 5, 1987E-10-OH-NT was the generous gift of Dr.D. Remy. We thank Ms.E. Kent for technical assistance and Dr.M. Reidenberg for his comments.
☆Supported in part by the Link Foundation, the Xerox Foundation, the Department of Psychiatry, and by Grant 1 RO3 MH39008.
© 1987 Published by Elsevier Inc.