This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- A study of the Dexamethasone Suppression Test in hospitalized depressed patients.Br J Psychiatry. 1984; 144: 311-313
- The Dexamethasone Suppression Test for diagnosis and prognosis in psychiatry.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1985; 42: 1193-1204
- Neuroendocrinological and neurophysiological studies in major depressive disorders: Are there biological markers for the endogenous subtype ?.Biol Psychiatry. 1982; 17: 1217-1242
- Pituitary adrenal disinhibition in depression: Marker of a subtype with characteristic clinical features and response to treatment.Psychiatry Res. 1981; 4: 115-128
- A specific laboratory test for the diagnosis of melancholia. Standardization, validation, and clinical utility.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1981; 38: 15-22
- Age and the Dexamethasone Suppression Test in depression.Am J Psychiatry. 1984; 141: 872-874
- Occurrence of high concentrations of postdexamethasone cortisol in elderly psychiatric inpatients.Psychiatry Res. 1985; 15: 85-90
- Hawaii1985 Age effects on hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal regulation: A serial monitoring strategy. Presented at the XXIV Annual Meeting of the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology,
- Effect of age and sex on cortisol secretion in depressives and normals.Psychiatry Res. 1984; 13: 221-229
- The Dexamethasone Suppression Test in depressed outpatients with and without melancholia.Am J Psychiatry. 1983; 140: 492-493
- Dexamethasone Suppression Test in a pluridiagnostic approach: Its relationship to psychopathological and clinical variables.Acta Psychiatr Scand. 1983; 68: 31-37
- Influence of age on the cortisol response to dexamethasone.Psychiatry Res. 1984; 13: 213-220
- The effect of age on Dexamethasone Suppression Test results in alcoholic patients.Am J Psychiatry. 1986; 143: 237-239
- Hypothalamic pituitary adrenal axis activity in depressive illness.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1980; 37: 737-743
Received in revised form: January 23, 1987
Received: May 8, 1986The authors thank the staff of the Norris MHCRC and the SBRC for their help during this investigation, and Jill Scheuer for manuscript preparation.
☆Supported in part by NIMH Grant MH-30854 to the Norris Mental Health Clinical Research Center at Stanford University and by a grant from the Research Service of the Veterans Administration to the Schizophrenia Biologic Research Center at Palo Alto VA Medical Center.
© 1987 Published by Elsevier Inc.