This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Clinical indications for prophylactic treatment of depression.Adv Biol Psychiatry. 1981; 1: 218-229
- Prophylactic lithium: Double blind discontinuation trial in manic-depressive and recurrent depressive disorders.Lancet. 1970; ii: 326-330
- Carbamazepine in manic depressive illness: A new treatment.Am J Psychiatry. 1980; 137: 782-789
- Clinical features of affective disorders 1. Diagnosis, classification, rating scales, outcome and epidemiology.in: Dewhurst WG Baker GB Pharmacology of Affective Disorders, Theory and Practice. Croom Helm, London1985
- Prophylactic lithium in affective disorders: A controlled trial.Lancet. 1971; ii: 275-279
- Clinical factors in lithium carbonate prophylaxis failure.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1974; 30: 229-233
- Effect of sodium valproate on mania. The GABA hypothesis of affective disorders.Arch Psychiatr Nervenkr. 1980; 229: 1-16
- Continuation therapy with lithium and amitriptyline in unipolar depressive illness: A randomised, double blind controlled trial.Psychol Med. 1984; 14: 37-50
- Possible synergistic action between carbamazepine and lithium carbonate in the treatment of three acutely manic patients.Am J Psychiatry. 1982; 139: 948-949
- Carbamazepine, a possible adjunct or alternative to lithium in bipolar disorder.Acta Psychiatr Scand. 1983; 67: 218-225
- Antimanic and prophylactic effects of carbamazepine on manic depressive psychosis.Folia Psychiatr Neurol Jpn. 1973; 27: 283-297
- Lithium carbonate and imipramine in prevention of affective episodes.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1973; 29: 420-425
- Approaches to the evaluation and treatment of rapid cycling affective illness.Br J Psychiatry. 1984; 145: 543-550
- Long-term outcome of major psychoses.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1979; 36: 1295-1304
Received in revised form: May 29, 1986
Received: March 1, 1986
© 1986 Published by Elsevier Inc.