This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Sleep in bipolar and unipolar depressed patients.Sleep Res. 1974; 3: 123
- REM architecture changes in bipolar and unipolar depression.Am J Psychiatry. 1979; 136: 1424-1427
- Heritable factors in the severity of affective disorders.in: Sci Proc Am Psychiatr Assoc. 123. 1970: 187-188
- A diagnostic interview: The Schedule for Affective Disorders and Schizophrenia—Life-Time Version.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1978; 35: 837-844
- Bipolar II: Combine or keep separate?.J Affect Dis. 1985; 8: 17-28
- Rapid eye movement sleep density, An objective indicator in severe medical-depressive syndromes.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1976; 33: 1119-1123
- Sleep changes in unipolar and bipolar depressed patients as compared with normals.in: Presented at the Second International Sleep Research Congress and 15th Annual Meeting of the Association for the Psychophysiological Study of Sleep, Edinburgh, Scotland1975
- Successful separation of depressed, normal and insomniac subjects by EEG sleep data.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1979; 36: 85-90
- A rating scale for depression.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 1960; 12: 56-62
- Definitions of REM latency: Some comparisons with particular reference to depression.Biol Psychiatry. 1982; 17: 993-1002
- The application of EEG sleep for the differential diagnosis of affective disorders.Am J Psychiatry. 1978; 135: 69-74
- The use of the sleep laboratory in the diagnosis of affective disorders.Psychiatr Clin North Am. 1983; 6: 3
- Sleep of manic-depressives and recurrent depressives.Sleep Res. 1972; 1: 142
- A Manual of Standardized Terminology, Techniques and Scoring System for Sleep Stages of Human Subjects.in: National Institute of Health Publication 204. US Government Printing Office, Washington, DC1968
- Sleep EEG and Dexamethasone Suppression Test findings in outpatients with unipolar major depressive disorders.Biol Psychiatry. 1982; 17: 327-341
- Research Diagnostic Criteria: Rationale and reliability.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1978; 36: 773-782
Received in revised form: June 3, 1986
Received: April 5, 1986
☆Supported in part by NIMH Grant MH-35370 (A.J.R.) and the Upjohn Company.
☆☆Presented in part at the annual meeting of the Society of Biological Psychiatry, Toronto, Canada, May 1982.
© 1986 Published by Elsevier Inc.