This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Reduction of vanadate by ascorbic acid and noradrenaline in synaptosomes.J Neurol Chem. 1981; 36: 1616-1620
- Blood levels of vanadium, caesium, and other elements in depressive patients.J Affect Dis. 1985; 9: 187-191
- The fate of cytoplasmic vanadium.J Biol Chem. 1979; 254: 1781-1784
- Vanadate is a potent (Na, K) ATPase inhibitor found in ATP derived from muscle.J Biol Chem. 1971; 252: 7421-7423
- Does vanadium play a role in depressive states?.Biol Psychiatry. 1986; 21
- Plasma vanadium concentration in manic depressive illness.J Physiol. 1981; 310: 24
- Reversal of vanadate-induced of the therapeutic effect of carbamazepine in affective illness.J Affect Dis. 1985; 8: 91-93
- Possible explanation for therapeutic action of lithium, and a possible substitute (methylene blue).Lancet. 1981; ii: 1175-1176
- Tissue vanadium levels in manic-depressive psychosis.J Psychol Med. 1984; 14: 767-772
- Vanadium in human serum, as determined by neutron activation analysis.Clin Chem. 1984; 30: 1700-1703
- Vanadium in depression and cirrhosis.in: Modern Trends in Activation Analysis, 7th International Conference, June 23–27, 1986, Copenhagen, Denmark1986
- Reduction of vanadate to vanadyl by methylene blue, imipramine and chlorpromazine in absence of NADPH.Lancet. 1982; i: 1078-1079
- Alteration of brain noradrenaline, dopamine and 5 hydroxytyptamine levels during vanadium poisoning.Pol J Pharmacol Pharm. 1979; 31: 393-398
Received in revised form: April 29, 1986
Received: February 20, 1986
© 1986 Published by Elsevier Inc.