This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Concurrent use of REM latency, dexamethasone suppression, clonidine, and apomorphine tests as biological markers of endogenous depression: A pilot study.Psychiatry Res. 1984; 12: 261-272
- Pharmacological characterization of two specific binding sites for neurohypophyseal hormones in hippocampal synaptic plasma membranes of the rat.EMBO J. 1985; 4: 1407-1412
- Vasopressin and oxytocin: Their role in neurotransmission.Pharmacol Ther. 1983; 22: 127-141
- The diagnosis of depressive syndromes and the prediction of ECT response.Br J Psychiatry. 1965; 111: 659-674
- Individual neurophysin concentration in the pituitary and circulation of humans.Clin Endocrinol. 1979; 10: 253
- The influence of the posterior and intermediate lobe of the pituitary and pituitary peptides on the maintenance of a conditioned avoidance response in rats.Int J Neuropharmacol. 1965; 4: 157-167
- Behavioral effects of neuropeptides related to ACTH, MSH, and beta LPH.Ann NY Acad Sci. 1977; 297: 263-274
- Vasopressin in affective illness.Lancet. 1978; i: 1233-1236
- Central Vasopressin function in affective illness.in: de Wied D van Keep PA Hormones and the Brain. MTP Press, Lancaster, England1980: 241-251
- Neurohypophyseal function in affective illness.Psychopharmacol Bull. 1983; 19: 426-431
- The effect of lithium on the osmoregulation of arginine Vasopressin secretion.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1983; 56: 295-299
- Vasopressin and oxytocin precursors as model preprohormones.Neuroendocrinology. 1983; 37: 235-239
- Effects of oxytocin and vasopressin on memory consolidation: Sites of action and catecholaminergic correlates after local microinjection into limbic-midbrain structures.Brain Res. 1979; 175: 303-314
- The radioimmunoassay of human neurophysins: Contribution to the understanding of the physiopathology of neurohypophyseal function.Ann NY Acad Sci. 1975; 248: 281-303
- Vasopressin in neuropsychiatric disorders.in: Shah NS Donald AG Psychoneuroendocrine Dysfunction. Plenum Press, New York1984: 255-278
- Identification of a vasopressin-neurophysin and of an oxytocinneurophysin in man.Neuroendocrinology. 1973; 13: 371-375
- Influence of vasopressin on learning and memory.Lancet. 1978; i: 41-42
- Increased neurophysin I and II cerebrospinal fluid concentration from bipolar versus unipolar depressed patients.Neuroendocrinol Lett. 1983; 5: 201-205
- Cerebrospinal fluid neu rophysins in affective illness and in schizophrenia.Eur Arch Psychiatry Neurol Sci. 1984; 234: 162-165
- Biochemical theories of mania.in: Belmaker RH Mania: An Evolving Concept. Spectrum, New York1980: 217-265
- Cerebrospinal fluid vasopressin in neurological and psychiatric disorders.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 1985; 48: 50-57
- Effects of vasopressin on human memory function.Science. 1981; 211: 601-603
Received: April 7, 1986Our gratitude is due to F. Louis for her help with the assays and to Ch. Gayetot for her secretarial assistance.
© 1986 Published by Elsevier Inc.