This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- The effects of age and diagnosis on thyrotropin response to thyrotropin-releasing hormone (TRH) in psychiatric patients.Psychiatry Res. 1986; (in press.)
- Endocrine changes and clinical profiles in depression: II. The thyrotropin-releasing hormone test.Psychol Med. 1984; 14: 759-765
- Increased urinary excretion of triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4) and decreased serum thyreotropic hormone (TSH) induced by motion sickness.Aviat Space Environ Med. 1978; 49: 58-61
- Altered serum levels of thyroxine, triiodothyronines and diiodothyronines in endogenous depression.Acta Endocrinol. 1981; 96: 199-207
- The TSH response to TRH: A possible predictor of outcome to antidepressant and neuroleptic treatment.Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 1983; 7: 335
- Emotional factors in the etiology of hyperthyroidism.Psychosom Med. 1949; 11: 2-8
- Serum thyrotropin response to thyrotropin-releasing hormone in psychiatric patients: A review.Am J Psychiatry. 1982; 139: 405-416
- A review of psychoendocrine research on the pituitary thyroid system.Psychosom Med. 1968; 30: 667-681
- Plasma thyroid stimulating hormone response in anticipation of muscular exercise in the human.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1973; 37: 403-406
- Influence of the sympathic nervous system on thyroid activity in man.in: Robbins J Braverman LE Thyroid Research. Excerpta Medica, Elsevier, New York1976: 100-102
- Prolactin, thyrotropin and growth hormone release during stress associated with parachute jumping.Aviat Space Environ Med. 1976; 47: 543-547
- Behavioral and endocrine responses of schizophrenic patients to TRH (protirelin).Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1979; 36: 1086-1093
- Methodische Vergleiche zur radioimmunologischen Bestimmung basaler TSH Spiegel im Serum.Endokrinologie. 1981; 78: 205-218
- Compensatory pituitary-thyroid mechanisms in major depressive disorder.Psychiatry Res. 1982; 6: 85-96
- Alterations in thyroid function in patients with systemic illness: The “euthyroid sick syndrome.”.Endocrine Rev. 1982; 3: 164-217
Received in revised form: October 8, 1985
Received: June 10, 1985
☆First presented at the 40th Annual Convention of the Society of Biological Psychiatry, Dallas, TX, May 15–19, 1985.
© 1986 Published by Elsevier Inc.