This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Withdrawal from neuroleptic drugs.Am J Psychiatry. 1959; 115: 931-932
- Drugs and the treatment of psychiatric disorders.in: Goodman CS Gilman A The Pharmacologic Basis of Therapeutics. ed 5. MacMillen, New York1975: 152-200
- Neuroleptic-induced supersensitivity psychosis: Clinical and phar macological characteristics.Am J Psychiatry. 1980; 137: 16-21
- Withdrawal symptoms after long-term treatment with low-potency neuroleptics.J Clin Psychiatry. 1984; 45: 500-502
- Withdrawal symptoms after abrupt cessation of antipsychotic compounds: Clinical confirmation in chronic schizophrenics.Am J Psychiatry. 1964; 121: 491-493
- Withdrawal symptoms associated with antipsychotic drugs.Am J Psychiatry. 1978; 135: 1321-1324
- Tardive dyskinesia and other clinical consequences of neuroleptic treatment in children and adolescents.Am J Psychiatry. 1984; 141: 20-23
- Atropine, scopolamine and related antimuscarinic drugs.in: Goodman CS Gillman A The Pharmacologic Basis of Therapeutics. ed 5. MacMillen, New York1975: 514-532
- Single case study. Reserpine withdrawal psychosis: The possible role of denervation supersensitivity of receptors.J Nerv Ment Dis. 1982; 170: 502-504
- Medical effects of abrupt neuroleptic withdrawal.Compr Psychiatry. 1976; 17: 285-294
- The role of cholinergic supersensitivity in the medical symptoms associated with withdrawal of antipsychotic drugs.Am J Psychiatry. 1980; 137: 1395-1398
- Abrupt withdrawal of chlorpromazine and thioridazine from schizophrenic inpatients.Can Psychiatr Assoc J. 1966; 11: 410-413
- Dopamine receptor supersensitivity and the chemoreceptor trigger zone.Biol Psychiatry. 1983; 18: 917-921
- Vomiting during neuroleptic withdrawal in children.Am J Psychiatry. 1977; 134: 574
Received in revised form: October 10, 1985
Received: August 23, 1985
© 1986 Published by Elsevier Inc.