This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- DSM-III Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. American Psychiatric Association, Washington, DC1980 3rd ed.
- A specific laboratory test for the diagnosis of melancholia: Standardization, validation, and clinical utility.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1981; 38: 15-22
- The hating Attitude Test: An index of the symptoms of anorexia nervosa.Psychol Med. 1979; 9: 273-280
- Abnormalities of Dexamethasone Suppression Test and urinary MHPG in anorexia nervosa.Am J Psychiatry. 1981; 138: 650-653
- Neuroendocrine abnormalities in bulimia.Am J Psychiatry. 1983; 140: 559-563
- A rating scale for depression.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 1960; 23: 56-62
- Are anorexic and bulimic patients depressed?.Am J Psychiatry. 1984; 141: 1594-1597
- Bulimia related to affective disorder by family history and response to the Dexamethasone Suppression Test.Am J Psychiatry. 1982; 139: 685-687
- Family history study of anorexia nervosa and bulimia.Br J Psychiatry. 1983; 142: 133-138
- Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis hyperactivity in bulimia.Psychiatry Res. 1983; 8: 111-117
- Treatment of bulimia with antidepressants: Theoretical con siderations and clinical findings.in: Stunkard AJ Stellar E Eating and Its Disorders. Raven Press, New York1984: 259-273
- Metabolic and endocrine investigations in women of normal weight with bulimia syndrome.Biol Psychiatry. 1983; 18: 355-365
- A placebo-controlled, double-blind trial of amitriptyline in bulimia.J Clin Psychopharmacol. 1984; 4: 186-193
- The Dexamethasone Suppression Test in patients with bulimia.J Clin Psychiatry. 1984; 45: 508-511
- Bulimia treated with imipramine: A placebo-controlled, double blind study.Am J Psychiatry. 1983; 140: 554-558
- Bulimia A report of 34 cases.J Clin Psychiatry. 1981; 42: 60-64
- Bulimia nervosa: An ominous variant of anorexia nervosa.Psychol Med. 1979; 9: 429-448
- Bulimia nervosa: A placebo controlled double-blind therapeutic trial of mianserin.Br J Pharmacol. 1983; 15: 195s-202s
- Adrenal activity in anorexia nervosa.Psychosom Med. 1978; 40: 499-506
- Treatment of bulimia with phe nelzine.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1984; 41: 1105-1109
Received in revised form: September 9, 1985
Received: June 6, 1985
© 1986 Published by Elsevier Inc.